Hand Luggage?

BritChickx

Helloo, we have a query, we're flying with singapore airlines to new zealand, and paul was wondering whether he can take hand luggage as well as a laptop(with the case and a few other bits in it) does anyone know if this would be a problem? otherwise we're gonna have a hard time fitting the laptop in his suitcase!

any answers would be good cheers :biggrin:

Check their website. It will tell you. Usually you can take lap top and one piece of hand luggage per person. You will also need to take it out of the hand luggage case for the security scans iirc.

I had a look at their site and to me its one piece of hand luggage and you are allowed the laptop as extra. So not another bag with laptop and stuff in it, just the laptop in a carry case sort of thing. The rest would have to go in your hand luggage bag I'd reckon. Hubby usually takes his laptop in his hand luggage but takes it out for security check and then puts it back in his case once its been scanned.

If you look at the website, it will tell you the maximum dimensions for a laptop case in addition to the main hand luggage.

The laptop case can be filled with whatever you want, but can't exceed the dimensions stated, not that they ever check anyway...

I flew with them last month and I was about 5 kg over in my hold bags so they told me to carry the extra on as hand luggage, I had a little trolley case, laptop bag (crammed full with as much stuff as I could get in it) and a handbag (again full of clothes & dvd's), my husband & daughter had a trolley case & a rucksack each too....

Also, coat pockets can be handy for heavy items if they do a hand luggage weight check (in my experience only ever done at check-in, so you can put everything back in afterwards)... reading material and laptops can be removed prior to the weigh-in. They're basically just concerned about their staff having to lift more than 7kg into the overhead lockers.

as a guideline, I have this camera bag http://products.lowepro.com/product/Passport-Sling,2190,4.htm (excluding the squishable pointy bit, it's 15x44x25cm) and have never had any issues with taking it as my extra item. Do bear in mind that if the flight is full, your extra item may have to go under the seat in front, so for your own comfort, you don't want it to be too big.

Archived