Spouse Temp Visa Sub Class 309 How Long

Guest markjames81

Guest markjames81

Ive noticed that a lot of people on here are going over to oz on a skilled indipendant or sponsored visa and on average it is taking you approx 6 months from application to visa grant.

I am planning to go over to oz with fiance you is australian so I will apply for a sub class 309 temporary visa which will cover me for 2 years, then I can apply for a permanant one after that.

I am just wondering if anyone else has gone over or is applying for one of these types of visas and how long it will take from application to visa gran.

Cheers

Mark:smile:

Guest koala12

Hi Mark

I came out to Sydney in September 2006 on a spouse visa and have just received the papers to apply for my permanent spouse visa. The intial one was granted quite quickly, I think I got it within 3 months but it would have been quicker except I had to wait for my medical as the Dr I was seeing had an accident (!!!) and I had to wait and see another one! I think some have been granted in a matter of 4-6 weeks but as with most of these visas it seems to be the luck of the draw!

Good luck and Happy New Year

Karen

Guest markjames81
Hi Mark

I came out to Sydney in September 2006 on a spouse visa and have just received the papers to apply for my permanent spouse visa. The intial one was granted quite quickly, I think I got it within 3 months but it would have been quicker except I had to wait for my medical as the Dr I was seeing had an accident (!!!) and I had to wait and see another one! I think some have been granted in a matter of 4-6 weeks but as with most of these visas it seems to be the luck of the draw!

Good luck and Happy New Year

Karen

thanks for that karen.

I cant beleive that it is that quick. Can I ask how much the whole process cost you in pounds.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

I am just waiting for my visa now, we submitted our application on 21st November and was told 4-6 weeks. We did hear exactly 4 weeks to the day, but our CO just needs a few extra bits, but I can't get them until after the New Year as everywhere is closed for the holidays.

I think for me and the 3 children, we have paid just under £3,000 but that includes, Medicals, agent fees, visa fees, Police checks, birth certificated, marriage certificates (all ours got lost when we moved 3 years ago).

Our nephew wants to come with us but needs to apply in this own right as he is 25 years old and he will have to pay more that us four put together, so it does pay to be married to and Aussie.

I hope this helps and if you want some more info please just ask!

Happy New Year

April

Guest koala12

Hi Mark,

I was also surprised at how quick it came through, just hope my second stage one (permanent) does too! As to cost, I think the actual visa was just under £700 and then wehad to pay £50 for my X-Ray and £150 for medicals/blood tests. Actually getting the visa is rather an anti-climax as you just get an email saying it's been granted...no fanfare or anything!!! You then send your passport up to the Australian High Commission in London and the visa stamp gets put in there and returned very quickly indeed. Funny story - when we finally emigrated and I came through customs at Sydney, the guy looked at my passport, looked at me and said 'Welcome Home Mate!'........it was so funny!

What part of Oz are you and your OH hoping to settle in? Anyway, good luck with it all

Karen

Guest markjames81
Hi Mark,

I was also surprised at how quick it came through, just hope my second stage one (permanent) does too! As to cost, I think the actual visa was just under £700 and then wehad to pay £50 for my X-Ray and £150 for medicals/blood tests. Actually getting the visa is rather an anti-climax as you just get an email saying it's been granted...no fanfare or anything!!! You then send your passport up to the Australian High Commission in London and the visa stamp gets put in there and returned very quickly indeed. Funny story - when we finally emigrated and I came through customs at Sydney, the guy looked at my passport, looked at me and said 'Welcome Home Mate!'........it was so funny!

What part of Oz are you and your OH hoping to settle in? Anyway, good luck with it all

Karen

We are going to live at Cleveland, Redlands in Brisbane. Its is where her family is from. We are planning to start a family, so she will need to be close to her mum for the support. I cant wait now. How have you gone so far. What have your experiences been like, do you miss home?

Mark

Guest koala12

Hi Mark,

Can understand your OH wanting to be near her family especially if you are planning on starting a family. We came to Sydney because my husband has family here and also I'd been here twice before on holidays. I have been to Queensland too (my husband lived in Brisbane for 12 years before he came out to UK too) and I also loved it there. I have to be honest with you and say there is absolutely nothing I miss about UK...other than people as I still have my Mum and Dad there and my youngest daughter. I find I cope with it pretty well most of the time but then sometimes it really hits you and it's quite hard...and at this time of year it's quite difficult and I've had a few down days.

Good luck with everything

Karen

Guest markjames81
Hi Mark,

Can understand your OH wanting to be near her family especially if you are planning on starting a family. We came to Sydney because my husband has family here and also I'd been here twice before on holidays. I have been to Queensland too (my husband lived in Brisbane for 12 years before he came out to UK too) and I also loved it there. I have to be honest with you and say there is absolutely nothing I miss about UK...other than people as I still have my Mum and Dad there and my youngest daughter. I find I cope with it pretty well most of the time but then sometimes it really hits you and it's quite hard...and at this time of year it's quite difficult and I've had a few down days.

Good luck with everything

Karen

Thanks Karen

You have eased my mind about the move. I cope pretty well with change. But as you say it is hard leaving family and friends.

Happy New Year

Mark

Archived