Is it worthwhile shipping over a small freezer!

whoiam

I've been reading several posts where people have been saying that buying in bulk--esp meat and such could be much cheaper than buying from the supermarket.

Just wanted to know if most homes in Oz land have a separate freezer or does the normal fridge freezer suffice?

Is it worthwhile having a freezer shipped out from here when we come?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on the freezer really. I'd say wait till you are here and know the size house, what room you have and your shopping preferences etc and then buy what will suit you and your new home.

I wouldn't bother,we spoke to our shipping rep yesterday and he advised that dependant on the type of gas used in the fridge/freezer then you may have to pay for it de-gassing then re-gassing at the other end.

You can buy 50/50,70/30 fridge freezer out there anyway

Regards

I don't know anyone here who has a separate freezer - certainly nothing like those giants that used to be all the range in the UK. People don't really eat that much frozen stuff. You've always been able to get a good variety of vegetables year-round so frozen veg (for example) never caught on here.

You're more likely to have two fridges - one in the kitchen for normal stuff and one in the garage/laundry for beer/drinks. We use the freezer in the kitchen fridge for day-to-day stuff and the freezer in the laundry fridge to store extra frozen bread/meat etc. It was plenty of space for four adults.

Archived