Please stop saying there is work if you want it in the UK

Perthbum

Yep, apparantly I didn't get shortlisted for said job due to mass of applicants which is a total **** reason!!! Also it is verging on impossible to get a job if you are not trained in said field, like shop assisting.... you have to have been shop assistant for 5 years and done a course in it! So many applicants!!

Yep.. i recently applied for a waitressing job in a hotel, got a interview. turned up and the interview, and was told at the end that i wouldnt hear for 3 weeks because she had two weeks worth of applicants. why do they even interview that many people!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, apparantly I didn't get shortlisted for said job due to mass of applicants which is a total **** reason!!! Also it is verging on impossible to get a job if you are not trained in said field, like shop assisting.... you have to have been shop assistant for 5 years and done a course in it! So many applicants!!

Every employer going can pick and choice and pay minimum wage. every job is overloaded with applicants and the Brits are even pushing the polish out of the way for even the worst jobs, even picking fruit is a job which is overloaded with applicants.

Guest Shell15

but you said there are jobs going at the daily mail, however your friends would 'rather shovel sh7t' not very good work ethics imo..

Guest AKA63029
but you said there are jobs going at the daily mail, however your friends would 'rather shovel sh7t' not very good work ethics imo..

I once worked in a Backpackers as a cleaner in Cairns, good god almighty, some of those youngsters really have no idea about hygeine.:mad:

Guest AKA63029
did you clean it in a boiler suit and mask lol

Unfortunately not Shell,:cry:.

But there again I progressed in my cleaning career.

Started off working on a Pig farm in my summer holidays, god pigs can pooh.

Then became a Prison Officer, way too many 'Dirty' protests to go into.:eek:

Backpackers obviously.

Then became a dad, again, by god can babies pooh.:laugh:

Now, I just talk shi7e.:embarrassed:

Guest Shell15
better to shovel shite than to help publish it.

but at least those who in your words are 'publishing it' have a job and not sponging of the government!!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought rightly or wrongly that poms comeing from the Uk could only gain passage if they had a job to come to in Australia and were not taking Aussie jobs.Just been talking to two new immigrants yesterday in the grand plaza shopping centre at Browns Plains Qld, both from Liverpool that gave up their jobs there as carpenters to come to sunny Qld.Guess what they are doing?trying to sell invalid chairs to passers by.One of them has even put pamflets out to do ironing to make ends meet.His wife is a nurse,but they pay $550 p/w rent.$450 for shopping and utillities.Its not rocket science their saveing is going down very quick. They just can't get work.People are very gullible when it comes to Australia,they believe all the people that write on here that have jobs,Iv'e read that two nurses man and wife,had been here two years working in Perth,had a huge house with a pool sea veiws ect and 3 investment properties they had bought and had rented out.They think it's paradise here and look at Australia through rose coloured glasses But is it true? nurses must get realy good pay?.150,000 construction workers are going to loose their jobs in Queensland,coal mines are closeing down.Make no Mistake If Aussies go for the same job as poms,the Aussie;s will get the job.If the Liberals win the next election,There will be a blood bath in the employment stakes.Cuts,redundancies and flexable hours is their aim.Just like last time.Iv'e said before anyone with a job in the UK is mad to leave and come here,just for the weather. Australia can't compete with Asian countries,Ausssie's are paid too much.Hard decessions are going to be made The Liberals say.THe Houseing Market is dead,retail is dead and so is building the worst in 20 years.If your into Mining they say there's plenty of work.But many say it's hard to get in.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I thought rightly or wrongly that poms comeing from the Uk could only gain passage if they had a job to come to in Australia and were not taking Aussie jobs.Just been talking to two new immigrants yesterday in the grand plaza shopping centre at Browns Plains Qld, both from Liverpool that gave up their jobs there as carpenters to come to sunny Qld.Guess what they are doing?trying to sell invalid chairs to passers by.One of them has even put pamflets out to do ironing to make ends meet.His wife is a nurse,but they pay $550 p/w rent.$450 for shopping and utillities.Its not rocket science their saveing is going down very quick. They just can't get work.People are very gullible when it comes to Australia,they believe all the people that write on here that have jobs,Iv'e read that two nurses man and wife,had been here two years working in Perth,had a huge house with a pool sea veiws ect and 3 investment properties they had bought and had rented out.They think it's paradise here and look at Australia through rose coloured glasses But is it true? nurses must get realy good pay?.150,000 construction workers are going to loose their jobs in Queensland,coal mines are closeing down.Make no Mistake If Aussies go for the same job as poms,the Aussie;s will get the job.If the Liberals win the next election,There will be a blood bath in the employment stakes.Cuts,redundancies and flexable hours is their aim.Just like last time.Iv'e said before anyone with a job in the UK is mad to leave and come here,just for the weather. Australia can't compete with Asian countries,Ausssie's are paid too much.Hard decessions are going to be made The Liberals say.THe Houseing Market is dead,retail is dead and so is building the worst in 20 years.If your into Mining they say there's plenty of work.But many say it's hard to get in.

Sounds like heaven compared to the UK, lol, Unemployment in Australia, is almost half what it is in the Uk, i take it your staying put now instead of coming back if your gonna practice what you preach, its grim here on the jobs front, especially in the north east, where you are from. You have made the right choice staying put, its far better there and ...... you have great weather.

Sounds like heaven compared to the UK, lol, Unemployment in Australia, is almost half what it is in the Uk, i take it your staying put now instead of coming back if your gonna practice what you preach, its grim here on the jobs front, especially in the north east, where you are from. You have made the right choice staying put, its far better there and ...... you have great weather.

First good day for a long time down here hoff, this summer sure has been grim.

Guest sh7t man no way
First good day for a long time down here hoff, this summer sure has been grim.
i thought you wuz off for a beer,and curry--pissed down most of the day in gloucester:daydreaming:

its got to be the worst summer on record:sad:

its not stopped raining since the hose pipe ban:mad:

i thought you wuz off for a beer,and curry--pissed down most of the day in gloucester:daydreaming:

its got to be the worst summer on record:sad:

its not stopped raining since the hose pipe ban:mad:

Good to know there is someone else from my neck of the woods on here, beginning to think I was the only one.