I shared the pool at Bronte with the Welsh rugby squad today!

MARYROSE02

Guest The Pom Queen

I would have said you should have asked for autographs but you wouldn't have had any paper in the pool and it's not the done thing getting them to write on your body

Ooh .... that is sooo below the belt :sad:

Though .... I'll have you know welsh boys don't cry ..... they come out fighting .... wait and see .... :tongue:

I was born in Wales but after living more than half my life Australia I now support the Ozzies, :smile:

My sister and son were at the game waving the Welsh flag like crazy.

I was born in Wales but after living more than half my life Australia I now support the Ozzies, :smile:

Ahhh ..... We've only been here two years, but even we struggled a little .... we have season tickets for Queensland Reds, so had a teeny bit of mixed loyalties. Still not enough to stop me getting my Welsh gear on though :wink:

Same couldn't be said for my 11 year old unfortunately .... though his parents are both Welsh - he was born in England and insists he's English, though he's now starting to feel like he is 'nearly Australian'!!

Oh dear - where is the loyalty :wacko:

Disgusting :elvis: You are welsh born and bread and you support the enemy, I hope you never show your face in your home country again :mad: Imagine a Aussie supporting England against Australia living in the uk, you should be ashamed.

Disgusting :elvis: You are welsh born and bread and you support the enemy, I hope you never show your face in your home country again :mad: Imagine a Aussie supporting England against Australia living in the uk, you should be ashamed.

It's all part of the process of 'becoming' - in this case 'becoming an Aussie.' I noticed it in myself for the first time on the 5th day of the 5th Test at the SCG last year. I went to the first day and enjoyed seeing England playing well (AT LAST) against Australia, IN Australia. When I heard that it was free to get in on the last day, I got the bus up from Surry Hills and joined in the Barmy Army's mass gloat but after about half an hour, I realized that I was not enjoying it. What was I doing standing with a horde of 'foreigners' dressed in a multitude of English football shirts?!

There'll be two or three South Africans in the England team, fervently wanting England to beat South Africa this summer. No doubt you will be ashamed of them if they help England to win?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hubby has stuck to supporting the UK much to my disgust, I keep telling him we live in Oz and must support them, he won't listen though, typical male :yes:

It's all part of the process of 'becoming' - in this case 'becoming an Aussie.' I noticed it in myself for the first time on the 5th day of the 5th Test at the SCG last year. I went to the first day and enjoyed seeing England playing well (AT LAST) against Australia, IN Australia. When I heard that it was free to get in on the last day, I got the bus up from Surry Hills and joined in the Barmy Army's mass gloat but after about half an hour, I realized that I was not enjoying it. What was I doing standing with a horde of 'foreigners' dressed in a multitude of English football shirts?!

There'll be two or three South Africans in the England team, fervently wanting England to beat South Africa this summer. No doubt you will be ashamed of them if they help England to win?

Because they ave English parents, if your arents were Australian I could understand it, but an Aussie would rather cut of his lefy bolleck before supporting England, and this is the way englismen should feel about supporting Australia against their own country of birth, I find it shocking and a little sad to be honest.

Why is it?

Its sport. Plenty of sportsmen and women play for countries other than the one they were born in.

If someone calls Australia home and wants to support their national teams, fair play to them I say.

Guest AKA63029

If I ever had the chance to play for the Aussie Rugby or Cricket side I would have bitten their arm off, not that I EVER would be offered the chance, maybe the 'Fat Mascot' though.

As I would the Brit sides. It's sport and to able to take part in something of that magnitude is an honour.

Because they ave English parents, if your arents were Australian I could understand it, but an Aussie would rather cut of his lefy bolleck before supporting England, and this is the way englismen should feel about supporting Australia against their own country of birth, I find it shocking and a little sad to be honest.

Get over it, :wink::laugh: 13 years in Wales and 30 odd in Oz, the scale tips towards the Ozzie side, EVERY time.

KP and Jonathan Trott are both South African born and raised to parents, one of whom is English and the other South African. Andrew Strauss and Matt Prior were also born in SA but moved to England as children. All of them could have chosen to play for South Africa. I'd be interested to find out who KP and Trott, particularly, support when the Springboks play England, not that it matters. I guess it depends upon the circumtances what country a person chooses to represent. I could imagine someone like my nephew, born in Australia to an English and an Italian/Aussie parent, choosing England or Italy if he was good at football and Australia for any other sport.