Help! Working Holiday Visa

Peter Ash

Good Day All

I am due to head out to Perth on a Working Holiday Visa for a Year with a view to a permanent move. I was told I could continue to work offshore, for 6 months, as are the conditions of the visa.

However, my girlfriend has just found from another friend heading out there has been told by Immigration that the working Holiday visa, is not the visa we require, despite being told by the agency who provided arranged the visa that we would be ok, to do so.

The Main Problem appears to be the fact that we are paid monthly, even though we are only actually working for 6 months.

My Question is has anyone been in a similar situation?

And if so Am I better Just Starting to put things in motion with a skilled migration visa?

Thanks Pete

You can work for one employer for six months on this visa. Sounds like that is what you want to do so I dont understand the issue? To be honest not sure I fully understand your post at all, when you talk about working offshore, do you mean working in australia but remotely for a uk employer? Or something else?

The visa lasts for twelve months, so you will need something else to stay permanently, if that is what you mean by it being the "wrong" visa.

WHV is not a direct route to a permanent move, sure it's possible to maybe secure a employer sponsor but this is the exception rather than the norm.

Perth is choccers with British and Irish under 30's looking for a permanent move away from the recession of Europe, the majority are dreamers but a few well succeed ....it's dog eat dog and WHV is at best a very restrictive visa.

Archived