857 RSMS Visa - Admin of paper application

Avvy

Hello all,

Just preparing my visa application now as I just received my RCB from Perth yesterday (Applied 10/05/12)

I was just wondering, in terms of the visa application and it appearance can anybody tell me if what I am doing is ok?

I put all documents into plastic sheet protectors and inserted into a ring binder. I have split the docs up with dividers and an index.

I have included both the nomination and the visa application in this binder.

Is this a bit too...organised?!!

Would I be better with just a big lump of paper, with no frills etc?!

I know I'm being a bit detailed here!

Thanks a lot for any opinions in advance (Planning to courier on Monday)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Lol, that does sound very organised! Mine went in a big lump of application forms and documents!

Hahaha thanks Nicola, I thought maybe it was a bit OCD!!!!

What position did you apply for, I cant believe you were approved in two weeks, I know as it is coming to new rules as of 01/07 there is going to be a backlog, just hoping mine goes as smooth as yours!!

We were told not to do medicals until we were asked, so I guess that may hold it up... any advice?!

I have all documents on checklists, so nervous!

I applied for Company Secretary, I also had a note on it to ask them to process quickly as my employer wanted me back (I had to stop working because of the 6 month limitation on the WHV) and I was also leaving to go back to the UK for two weeks and it couldn't be granted whilst I was away. We didn't even get acknowledgement, went straight to granted in two weeks, the day before we flew back! Big relief.

Are you applying through an agent? So will it be DRC? I can't understand why you wouldn't do you medicals beforehand, not doing so will only hold it up! Usually the 857 is uploaded with everything, medicals, police checks and the form 80...

On the 857 visa everything must be sent in together or you will only slow down the process as they well ask you to send on the additional info. If you go through an agent and submit it with a Decision ready checklist you will get approved with in two weeks, on its own the application can be three months till approval depending on the office that does the processing. The organisation doesnt matter too much but making life easier on the person who makes the decision on weather you get the visa or not cant hurt!

Archived