Are you a cat or a dog person?

Guest The Pom Queen

Yeah, definitely a dog person. Got two now very elderly dogs that are my life, but I'd have to think so, so carefully about having another after the inevitable happens. I think the emotional investment is perhaps a little too great. Maybe sometime in the distant future.

I *think* I've managed to attach a couple of photos of my two. The Black one is Louie (14yrs) and the other is Max (10yrs)

100_0771.jpg

100_0842.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0842.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-S.......Absolutely gorgeous pics - beeeeeeautiful dogs.....they clearly adore you too.....

I know what you mean, I've been through the 'Departure Lounge' with dogs, cats & horses & it doesn't get easier - but I find that no matter how hard I try, another one always finds me - I never go looking....

It's like a Woof-Telegraph...they let each other know where a good home can be found - I'm sure of it !!

Definitely Dogs all the way!! we had a huge avery in the shed when we were kids and cats got in and ate all of our birds pretty horrible sight, my budgie joey never to return and I had won a prize for him that sunday at a fair, I was only 9 and totally crushed hankies please, I know it's nature before anyone jumps on this but very hard for your Dad to explain when joey just been murdered and your 9 :wubclub: rip joey, cats just dont wag their tails and love you the way a faithful dog does, cats just dont give you anything back, you rub them feed them, hey they might even catch a ball of wool lol but your faithful doggie will lay down their life for you esp if they are good watchdogs, bringing my beautiful cross pomerian jack russell to the beach with my boys is one of lifes greatest pleasures to see her swimming in the water with the lads is such great craic.

That's terribly sad Aussie Bound... it must have been awful for you as such a small person, well at any age really.... :hug:

My present cat is very gentle & affectionate, she simply can't face her day without a morning cuddle.....

And when I was waiting to go into a class at a show my black horse would stand behind me with his muzzle on my shoulder & put his head by mine.....& it was really, really heavy - he's 16.2hh !

But whatever your preference, I'm reminded of a quote (can't remember where I heard it or read it....) Definitely applies to all dogs !

" Given the pace of life today with all its stress, it does the heart good to come home to someone whose little cup of happiness is so easily filled to the brim "