OMG this is itwe are going!!!!!

immy21

Heard fromthe agent this morning that they require us to lodge our Government bond. I understand they do this a couple of weeks before they grant the 165 investor visa. Thats good enough for me:jiggy:

Off to the Gold Coast we go then but need to sell the house first so put it on the market this afternoon I'm an Estate Agent so going to sell my own house

Guest KP Nuts

CongratulationsWag1.gifnot long now then................ remember you as one of the first posts we read when we joined PIO and the problems you had back then, and now your finally going...............

Well done you.

KP Nuts

So glad to hear your news, once you have lodged your bond you will get that wonderful letter advising you that you have your visa!!!!!

We are going on the 8th Feb keep in touch and let us know where you are, we have bought a house in Burpengary.

So glad everything turned out OK for you.

Christine

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Immy 21

After all the heartache you had to put up with over your visas earlier this year, nobody deserves this brilliant Christmas prezzy from DIAC more than you do, my friend.

Just for completeness, please will you let us know when the Magic Letter is issued?

Many thanks & big congratulations

Gill :jiggy::jiggy:

This really is brilliant news. You and Lynne (as in TonyandLynne) have shown pure determination in your quest to live in Australia. You have pursued your dreams where others may have given up. You have been dealt some rotten hands along the way and have persevered.

I wish you every happiness and hope that the life that you have dreamed of will be every bit as wonderful as you hoped.

Merry Christmas and here's to an Aussie New Year

Felicity:cute:

Thanks everyone! This has been a tough couple of years. It was 2005 we went to OZ for the first time. And spring of 2006 we started the application in my wifes role as a primary school teacher. At the start of this year we were rejected as she currently teaches deaf children and this role is not required by Austrailia right now. We as you can imagine were gutted and out of pocket by around 3 grand in agents fees. Indirectly though this website sowed the seed for me to go in by another route. As an investor. Thank god I bought lots of flats 10 years ago.

We are off to Pacific Pines and plan to go around 5th April so that we can get our 7 year old into school for the new term. We will rent initially then plan to have a house built either in PP or one of the surronding suburbs.

We are still in a state of shock not knowing whether to be excited or scared. I will miss my friends and colleagues we have no family left in the uk.

So just feeling very slightly smug right now thinking I'm the luckiest person on the planet all be it the wrong end of the planet.

I will keep all advised with progress and again a thank you to all that have given advise

To anyone just starting the process USE THIS FORUM it really does work for you!

Archived