medicals in north east England.

Dean74

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get me and my family's medicals done in the north east of England? We have had quotes from Spire in Washington but very expensive, they want £500 for each adult. Any help would be appreciated.

Obviously, it would be quite a trek but both of the Manchester hospitals are very good. I used Bridgewater myself for £260. Spire, in Manchester, is the same price I believe. By the sounds of things, you'd save hundreds.

Obviously, it would be quite a trek but both of the Manchester hospitals are very good. I used Bridgewater myself for £260. Spire, in Manchester, is the same price I believe. By the sounds of things, you'd save hundreds.

Thanks for your reply! I think a trip to Manchester is on the cards, can't understand how both Spire medical centers can have such a vast difference in price. I tried to email to ask why the price was so high compared to others but never got a reply!!.

Thanks for your reply! I think a trip to Manchester is on the cards, can't understand how both Spire medical centers can have such a vast difference in price. I tried to email to ask why the price was so high compared to others but never got a reply!!.

No problem at all. As for why there is such a price discrepancy, I have no idea!

I live in the north east and the only places I could go were manchester or edinburgh. We went to manchester spire, cost £960 for 2 adults but both needed bloods and chest xrays. They were all very nice. Think the cost depends upon what tests you need.

Can you tell me if you had x-rays,blood test and medicals for that price and how long ago was it? cheers.

Can you tell me if you had x-rays,blood test and medicals for that price and how long ago was it? cheers.

I had a chest x-ray, HIV test and a medical for the £260. If I was to be entering the medical profession in Oz it would have been about (don't quote me here) £50 extra as they test for some strains of hepatitis. The process took place about two months ago at Bridgewater Hospital.

I had a chest x-ray, HIV test and a medical for the £260. If I was to be entering the medical profession in Oz it would have been about (don't quote me here) £50 extra as they test for some strains of hepatitis. The process took place about two months ago at Bridgewater Hospital.

That sounds much better, thanks.

Archived