Points advice letter problems

Ladyw

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help but, TRA have only verified 4 years of my husbands 12 years experience (joiner), as they say the first five years are training and then some of the years where he hasnt earned above £20k arent sufficent!! (He had his own business and therefore was only taking living expenses). ALSO they are saying they have insuffcient evidence on Rob's qualification even thoguh we have supplied the certificate. We are fuming and disheartened by this whole process. Having passed the Vetasses skills assessment and IELTS we were ready to lodge a Visa and now we dont know what is gonig on!!

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help but, TRA have only verified 4 years of my husbands 12 years experience (joiner), as they say the first five years are training and then some of the years where he hasnt earned above £20k arent sufficent!! (He had his own business and therefore was only taking living expenses). ALSO they are saying they have insuffcient evidence on Rob's qualification even thoguh we have supplied the certificate. We are fuming and disheartened by this whole process. Having passed the Vetasses skills assessment and IELTS we were ready to lodge a Visa and now we dont know what is gonig on!!

It is not mandatory to obtain the skill assessing authority's opinion on your work experience. DIAC still have to assess that aspect anyway and I have not had any of my clients get their work experience assessed by a skills assessing authority. So just lodge without the TRA work experience assessment and provide all your work experience evidence to DIAC.

It is not mandatory to obtain the skill assessing authority's opinion on your work experience. DIAC still have to assess that aspect anyway and I have not had any of my clients get their work experience assessed. So just lodge without the TRA work experience assessment and provide all your work experience evidence to DIAC.

Hi Melbournegirlinny - I clicked on your blog and saw a post titled, "Koalas are not bears". Frankly, I don't see why not if they have all the Koala-fications! :laugh:

Guest Longtime Lurker
Hi

If you are not currently using a migration agent is it worth doing so for the actual visa application? If TRA have viewed a weakness in the years experience claimed then at least you can submit a visa application that clarifies the reason behind this and perhaps gives more evidence. There are a number of good agents recommended on PIO or who regularly respond with advice on the forums including melbournegirlinny who has already posted.Good luck!

It is not mandatory to obtain the skill assessing authority's opinion on your work experience. DIAC still have to assess that aspect anyway and I have not had any of my clients get their work experience assessed by a skills assessing authority. So just lodge without the TRA work experience assessment and provide all your work experience evidence to DIAC.

I concur.

Several people have come to me having paid for unnecessary work experience assessments that were worse than useless.

How can they justify writing off 8 years experience. We have been told that your earnings are not taken into account. As every self employed person knows, when you start a business you are putting money in rather than taking it out.

When I last spoke to DIAC at Australia House, I spoke to them about obtaining a points advice letter from TRA and they told me not to bother, but to apply to TRA in the normal way to be assessed.

If you have been assessed by Vetasses and passed who told you to apply for the points advice letter from TRA?

Hi

We do have an agent and they have been pushing TRA for the advice letter. We have passed the Vetasses assessment so its good to hear that we shouldnt bother with the advice letter. The official email from TRA stated that for joiners they should be earning an average £20K a year which when you are running your own business and putting money in to buying the next property to develop, is never going to happen! I was having a mild panic but thank you for putting my mind at rest. I am becoming more and more convinced that our agent is useless!!

Archived