Very worried :(

Dianne_W

Just put the house up for sale hoping to be over Oct / Nov time and the news broke yesterday about Hastie Group going into administration. Hubby works as an Electrician for Rotary Uk who are 'apparantly safe at the moment'. We were just preparing his CV to send off to Hastie in Australia but now there are going to be many people losing their jobs :frown:. Feeling a bit insecure now :cry:

Guest The Pom Queen

I know it's worrying but hang in there. I'm sure there will be something just make sure he has all the right licenses etc as some electricians have come out and expected to start work immediately

Oh sorry, the bit where it says about selling Rotary UK as a going concern.

It means the UK company is not going into administration, you won't be finding work with the australian company though. But that doesn't mean you won't fund work at all.

It means the UK company is not going into administration, you won't be finding work with the australian company though. But that doesn't mean you won't fund work at all.

Thanks Rupert. Is it me just being thick? :embarrassed: But if they're not in trouble why would they be selling it? I'm confused :goofy:

there are so many arms under the hastie banner , apparently there is a discrepency with their financials , i think they put administrators in to see if the comapny could be rescued and trade out of it , doubt that will happen now because of the above , more and more builders and contractors seem to be folding .

hopefully some thing gets sorted out as hubby knows people that work for them and they told him hastie will only confirm that they will be paid up to this thurs , after that its up in the air ,

Thanks Rupert. Is it me just being thick? :embarrassed: But if they're not in trouble why would they be selling it? I'm confused :goofy:

Because the australian company, which appears to own it, is in trouble.

A company is worth significantly more money when it's NOT in trouble...

Archived