PMP or PRINCE2 - which is more widely accepted as a PM certification in Australia?

Guest doniedsilva

Guest doniedsilva

Hello friends,

I am a Project Manager in the IT field. Would like to know which certification is more widely accepted in Australia as I am planning move to WA as soon as I get my Visa stamped.

Many Thanks.

Donie

Guest geordielass71

Hi

I have been in recruitment for a long time and a Recruitment Manager in an IT company - both are recognised here but Prince2 is more desired by employers.

I've lived in Sydney for a number of years as a project manager, albeit in construction sector, and there is no comparisson with respect to which qualification is better recognised, it has to be Prince 2. I'm not saying I agree with that sentiment, but from my experience its much more widely recognised and accepted.

Frogster

Guest laroo76

My hubby is a project manager with Prince 2 cert, who currently (in UK) work in pharma/IT, how easy is it to take his PM skills to construction/mining, as that seems to be where all the PM work is, (well in Brisbane anyway),, any advice?

Guest laroo76
My hubby is a project manager with Prince 2 cert, who currently (in UK) work in pharma/IT, how easy is it to take his PM skills to construction/mining, as that seems to be where all the PM work is, (well in Brisbane anyway),, any advice?

Meant to say we land in just over 3 weeks...

Although the principles of PM remain the same, it would be difficult to communicate or understand the projects needs, If not having any construction / mining know how. His current field in Pharma is worlds apart. So, I would imagine very difficult even to find an employer willing to take a chance.

I'd agree with moven, I have been working in construction and have found it hard to transition into resources, though I have been talking to them from afar (i.e. while in the UK) and without a confirmed visa.

I'd wait for something more specific in your field as you'll be able to hold your own better.

Frogster

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 years later...

As a Project Manager in the IT discipline making plans to transport to Western Australia (WA), you could need to recollect each PMP (Project Management Professional) and PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) certifications, as they are each recognized and valued in Australia.

PMP certification, supplied by means of the Project Management Institute (PMI), is extensively diagnosed globally and is especially well-appeared in industries together with IT, wherein mission management principles and practices are enormously valued. To put together for the PMP exam, you could enroll in online schooling publications available on structures like Udemy, PMI's on-line studying platform, or Project Management Academy. These courses cover the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Guide and provide comprehensive instruction materials that will help you succeed inside the PMP examination.

PRINCE2 certification is likewise extensively customary in Australia, in particular in government, public sector, and huge companies. PRINCE2 provides a based framework for coping with tasks, which may be beneficial in IT tasks with complex necessities and stakeholders. To prepare for the PRINCE2 certification exams, you can explore online training courses offered by Edureka PRINCE2 Training, which provide in-depth training on PRINCE2 methodology and prepare you for the certification exams.

Ultimately, the choice between PMP and PRINCE2 certification relies upon on elements which includes your enterprise, profession dreams, and the precise challenge management methodologies utilized by organizations in WA. Research activity postings and enterprise traits in WA to gauge the demand for each certification inside the vicinity, and choose the certification that best aligns together with your career aspirations and the requirements of the IT initiatives you will be coping with in Australia.