What happens after visa is granted? (if anything!)

mwgster

Hi

Could somebody post some advice on what happens once your visa is granted! (Ours is a 175)

Is it as simple as taking your visa grant letter(s) to passport control and getting your passport stamped!

We are from the UK so guess we do not need to get a label in our passports?!?!

Thanks

Martin

I would highly recommend getting the sticker in your passport if possible. A few migrants who have arrived on electronic visas and havent got the sticker have had problems and hold ups here when trying to regsiter for some services, Medicare being the main one you hear about.

Good luck with your plans and future adventure

Cal x

Congrats on getting your 175! How long did that take and any advice? I am just at the start of applying for a 175 before the changes happen!

From the time I submitted the 175 via the DIAC web portal, it took 6 months on the nose.

In terms of getting to the point of being able to apply, it took about 4/5 months between applying for IELTS and getting my skills assessed by the Australian Computer Society..

I guess my main bit of advice would be attention to detail. Don't leave anything to chance. I made sure that all documentation had been certified by a solicitor (even though you can scan and upload original colour documents that do not have to be certified). Try and think of it from a CO's point of view.. Try to prevent the opportunity for them to query something... i.e. supply all information.. From what I hear, if they do not have all the info they need, then your file goes to the bottom of the pile and they tend to crack on with the easier cases...

Good luck with it all. Martin :-)

I would highly recommend getting the sticker in your passport if possible. A few migrants who have arrived on electronic visas and havent got the sticker have had problems and hold ups here when trying to regsiter for some services, Medicare being the main one you hear about.

Good luck with your plans and future adventure

Cal x

Hi Cal

Sounds like the safest bet.. But how do we go about this? Do we have to send our Passports off to the Australian Embassy?

Thanks

Martin

Usually you get rip-roaring drunk.

Then a few weeks later you get the wobbles.

Sometime later, you arrive, having completely forgotten about how your visa 'works'.

Hopefully, you never have to come back here - as you have set yourself up for a wonderful new life.

(IS that what you were asking?)

Usually you get rip-roaring drunk.

Then a few weeks later you get the wobbles.

Sometime later, you arrive, having completely forgotten about how your visa 'works'.

Hopefully, you never have to come back here - as you have set yourself up for a wonderful new life.

(IS that what you were asking?)

haha Yes exactly...

Guest asaandanirish

yup i kinda got the same question ....we have been granted our 457 via but i'm not sure how to go about getting any of that into our passports??

you just send your passports to the consulate in London with the grant leter and payment i think? cant remember if i paid anything or not, its been a while.

they put sticker in and send it back.

if its anything like our experience, the guy at passport control just looked at it, stamped the other page and waved us through with saying a word and was a miserable Ba@$%rd!

Archived