Kettlebells

lauradarlin

I've recently got really into kettlebells here in the UK and am heading to Oz on a years WHV in July. Just wondering if anyone already in Australia knows, is KB something that's around in Oz? I'd really like to keep it up and although I'm getting fairly confident and would likely be able to train alone, I get a lot from attending classes and being pushed further than I would push myself.

I'm lucky to have a really good instructor here too, he only does KB and is very dedicated and genuinely cares about the welfare of everyone in his classes. Some others I've come across that teach KB but do other stuff too have never been anywhere near as good so I'm hopeful to be able to find a KB community out there.

Any ideas? Heading to Perth initially but planning to travel a bit too

Cheers

:)

My husband and son have been using kettlebells for years but I dont know that there are kettlebell classes around (there werent in the gyms that I visited, unlike my gym here) but things may have moved on in the last year. They used to be more the domain of the hard core body building type who used Pavel Tsatsoulines programs. You can certainly buy them if you need a set of your own - you can order online if you cant get them locally.

Guest laroo76

Both my hubby and I love KB's and are shipping our own ones over to Oz when we leave, but we do it from home, no classes so not sure if they have the KB classes over there?

Goodlife in Mount Lawley do Kettlebell classes a couple of times per week. Its a private course - ie you don't need to be a member to join and the guy that runs them seems very good. He's also a PT and I had a couple of sessions with him.

Archived