last remaing relative

stokenewington

Hello

I submitted an on shore last remaing relative visa mid january 2010. Just last month( april 2012) I was assigned a queue number. I just checked DIAC website and it says for those who have been assigned a queue number since jan 2012 , it could take upto 12 years from the date the queue number was assigned. I am gutted. Has anybody have had expereicens with htis visa recently.

In the past ( before) 2009 it took on average 8 months for off shore and upto 2 years for onshore.

What are my other options?

my father is Australian citizen, mum PR, sister( my only sibling) australian and her husband and kids are australian too,

Also my father has been on a extended 7 month holiday and has just got back. he is normally resident here. will this have any implications?

Thanks

Do you have a line of work that is on the skills list for migrating? That could qualify you for a visa on your own merits.

Or can you not claim Aus citizenship by descent if your father is an Aussie (although this will depend where he was born and if he spent the required time living in Aus to enable you to claim citizenship by descent.

Otherwise, I think you are in for a long wait. There are some threads on this forum on the LRR visa and perhaps have a read of those and see if they can help :)

hi

thnaks for that. No Aus ancestry or work based migration either. I have good qualifications but in the arts. This is not good for migrating. I have a good job now till end of nov 2013. It is a worry after that since I found it difficult getting one withoutt PR.

I have checked other thread too.

ta

Do you have a line of work that is on the skills list for migrating? That could qualify you for a visa on your own merits.

Or can you not claim Aus citizenship by descent if your father is an Aussie (although this will depend where he was born and if he spent the required time living in Aus to enable you to claim citizenship by descent.

Otherwise, I think you are in for a long wait. There are some threads on this forum on the LRR visa and perhaps have a read of those and see if they can help :)

Hello

I submitted an on shore last remaing relative visa mid january 2010. Just last month( april 2012) I was assigned a queue number. I just checked DIAC website and it says for those who have been assigned a queue number since jan 2012 , it could take upto 12 years from the date the queue number was assigned. I am gutted. Has anybody have had expereicens with htis visa recently.

In the past ( before) 2009 it took on average 8 months for off shore and upto 2 years for onshore.

What are my other options?

my father is Australian citizen, mum PR, sister( my only sibling) australian and her husband and kids are australian too,

Also my father has been on a extended 7 month holiday and has just got back. he is normally resident here. will this have any implications?

Thanks

Unfortunately that sounds about right, the processing time on this visa type increased dramatically a couple of years ago. What visa were you on before you lodged the remaining relative visa?

hi

Icame on a tourist visa. does that make a diffrenct. i didnt think so. got workrights n medicare..thank god

Unfortunately that sounds about right, the processing time on this visa type increased dramatically a couple of years ago. What visa were you on before you lodged the remaining relative visa?

It might not be as it seems, it could just be a guideline or maybe its a ploy to trim down numbers applying, who knows, there must be a reason for saying it would be 12 years.

If you have no other options I wouldnt lose the hope of waiting, ive never heard of any immigration case to take 12 years.

hi

I think you are right. In fact they just processed in bulk all queue numbers before january 2009. And the numbers allocated for my visa type seem to go up slowly again though by no means it is anything like what it was befores. Last decision to reduce numbers coincided with elections. It is after all a shifting numbers game

thanks for letting me see the other side.

It might not be as it seems, it could just be a guideline or maybe its a ploy to trim down numbers applying, who knows, there must be a reason for saying it would be 12 years.

If you have no other options I wouldnt lose the hope of waiting, ive never heard of any immigration case to take 12 years.

hi

Icame on a tourist visa. does that make a diffrenct. i didnt think so. got workrights n medicare..thank god

Well the visa you were on before applying determines the rights you have on your bridging visa, so it is pretty important for most people. You have been fortunate indeed to get working rights from a tourist visa.

hi

yes your conditions on your first visa shall apply for the bridging visa too.

But i found the process of changing the conditions fairly simple. had to write a hardship letter an the correct form and hand delivered it in the DIAC office in Sydny. The Immigration official changed smiled and stamped a new bridging visa which says no conditions

for the

Well the visa you were on before applying determines the rights you have on your bridging visa, so it is pretty important for most people. You have been fortunate indeed to get working rights from a tourist visa.

hi

yes your conditions on your first visa shall apply for the bridging visa too.

But i found the process of changing the conditions fairly simple. had to write a hardship letter an the correct form and hand delivered it in the DIAC office in Sydny. The Immigration official changed smiled and stamped a new bridging visa which says no conditions

for the

I know an elderly person with cancer who is waiting in Oz until her visa application (last remaining relative) is processed. She will probably not make it to the visa deadline, (many years away). I imagine they took her condition into account when allowing her to stay.