Coffs harbour and families

Guest the stanleys

Guest loishannah

Hi Alicia,

many thanks for your reply, sorry i've not replied sooner. We're from chichester on the south coast and hopefulyl be moving end of january, in time for new terms. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem getting older one into a preschool - she loves hers here and youngest one won't need childcare initially anyway. And if they don't start school proper til 6 then won't have to worry about thanks for the links to for cars.

I'll no doubt have further questions so would be great to get in touch when we arrive

many thanks again

Lois

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cykna

Hi, newbie here! Want to say this a great thread with really useful info.

We are looking into the Coffs area as my husband has a 2 year contract based there. We are a family of 4, kids ages 12 and 8. Our 457 visa application is due to be submitted soon and if all goes well, we will fly out to Oz in Sept/Oct time. I am finding the whole overseas move rather daunting, as well as looking for a house and schools in a country I am not familiar with.

I have asked the company for advice on the local schools and this is the list they supplied me with: Korora Public, Mullaway Public and Sandy Beach Public and Bishop Druitt College. I have discovered that Bishop Druitt is a private school. Can anyone recommend any of the state high schools?

Also, I read somewhere that I won't be able to secure a school place until I have an address so realistically I cannot contact any schools until we arrive in Oz and find a place to live first??

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks, K

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, newbie here! Want to say this a great thread with really useful info.

We are looking into the Coffs area as my husband has a 2 year contract based there. We are a family of 4, kids ages 12 and 8. Our 457 visa application is due to be submitted soon and if all goes well, we will fly out to Oz in Sept/Oct time. I am finding the whole overseas move rather daunting, as well as looking for a house and schools in a country I am not familiar with.

I have asked the company for advice on the local schools and this is the list they supplied me with: Korora Public, Mullaway Public and Sandy Beach Public and Bishop Druitt College. I have discovered that Bishop Druitt is a private school. Can anyone recommend any of the state high schools?

Also, I read somewhere that I won't be able to secure a school place until I have an address so realistically I cannot contact any schools until we arrive in Oz and find a place to live first??

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks, K

Hi..We have moved to Coffs and have been here for about 2 months now..beautiful beaches and seems like a lovely area so far. We have 2 boys aged 9 and 6 who now go to Sandy Beach School and absolutely love it!! They settled really quick and never complain about going which is a great bonus! Couldn't enrol them until we had an address so does make it a little difficult!, When are you moving out??

:biggrin:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

My husband and I are due to be moving to Coffs in a couple of weeks and I seem to be struggling finding rentals that allow a dog. Can anyone help?

We have arranged to stay in a hotel for the first week while we look around. However I would really appreciate it if anyone can recommend good and reliability agents (dog friendly). We will only have three weeks before we have to collect our dog.

Look forward to hearing you all.

J

Archived