AHPRA - statement of service from employer

Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be on the statement of service from your employer.

I know it has to be on headed paper, give the dates of employment, describe the role in which employed, state whether it is part/ full time hours, be signed by a manager (taken from AHPRA application form).

Under the section - describe the role in which employed - has this just got to be staff nurse/ sister/ community nurse etc - or does it have to include actual tasks/ skills etc used in the role ?

Also, does the signature have to be a hard copy as the hospital trust e-mail all correspondence to us, with the signature appended from the computer ?

Just want to make sure that I am submitting thigns correctly to avoid delays - thanks :smile:

Hi, mine was just a short paragraph stating that I am a sister employed with the trust, from dates..., hours, salary etc as you have stated above. They didn't go into details about my role, just stated my job title. The HR manager signed it and emailed it to me which I printed off and sent to ahpra. Had no problems from ahpra (about that anyway :laugh:). Hope this helps.

Hi Val,

My statement of service was just a short paragraph. It included that I was staff nurse and gave a very brief description of the patienst I look after. I.e. Helen is employed as a staff nurse caring for patients on an acute cardiology ward. It also stated that I was a link nurse and took charge of the ward. It was like a short reference but with everything inlcuded that APHRA wanted

p.s. my manager signed it by hand rather than hard copy signature

Mine too Val, but i'm not through reg yet.

I got my line manager to sign it. We wrote it at supervision and when it was typed she signed it.

Mine stated how long I had worked for the Trust and included the last 3 roles (different in last 5 years) with brief explanations of responsibilities, skills etc.

My manager also added a comment on my performance and training record.:biggrin:

Thanks everyone for your help :smile:

Just want to make sure that when I do file my AHPRA registration that it is as complete as I can make it - I know how picky they can be :rolleyes:

I supplied a job description ( that is supplied when applying for a job) with mine to explain the tasks I am expected to undertake as a mental health nurse

I supplied a job description ( that is supplied when applying for a job) with mine to explain the tasks I am expected to undertake as a mental health nurse

Did you have to sign the job description as true and correct yourself ? Or get manager to do it , I was thinking of doing this when my ward manager does my statement for me , thanks