Cat crisis

Hoping someone can help. We made the very difficult decision to leave our 8 year old cat behind in the uk but the people who said they would have her have given backword at the 11th hour (we fly on 20th!)

Don't know what to do, I don't want her to go to strangers and would rather take her instead but fear may I have left it too late for vaccines etc.

Any advice would be appreciated, is it achievable at this late hour?

Thanks

Kirstie xx

If you want to take the cat then because of the short notice I would think you should contact someone like PetAirUK to find out the options. either way I guess it would need to spend 6 months in the UK before (or 5-6 months in quarantine in Aus) since the rules have changes since 1st Jan

If you have any family in the UK still then maybe they'll look after it (at least until you can ship it (or rehome it)

Someone like PetAir could probably do a full service whereby they deal with the complete process; including getting the pet ready for travel.

It wouldn't be cheap though

I only mention PetAir because they have a history on this forum. Try calling them.

Hoping someone can help. We made the very difficult decision to leave our 8 year old cat behind in the uk but the people who said they would have her have given backword at the 11th hour (we fly on 20th!)

Don't know what to do, I don't want her to go to strangers and would rather take her instead but fear may I have left it too late for vaccines etc.

Any advice would be appreciated, is it achievable at this late hour?

Thanks

Kirstie xx

She would need to have vaccinations to aoid 6 months in quarantine in Australia (which you really do want to avoid at all costs). I think finding a fmaily member or friend to look after her is your best bet. Good luck. Poor kitty.

Dear Kirstie

Has your cat had a rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample anytime within the last year? It is not likely, but it is worth asking. We certainly can help. you can bring your cat to us, we can do the rabies vaccination, then the rabies blood sample and then we can board your cat for 5 months before he or she flies and then do permits/export papers etc. This is really not a great option as your poor cat is stuck with us for 5 months, but we can do it 100%, but i cant think of any other way around this.

If you have anyone to have your cat for a few months, then that may help a bit (and they may even fall in love with her and keep her!)

You are really very welcome to give us a call and we can see how we can help.

Bob

PS i am really sorry this has happened at this 11th hour, it is hugely frustrating for you as if you had had a bit of warning you could have got this sorted out

Archived