Why did you choose Perth ?

PomPrincesses

I have a job offer in Sydney, DH has yet to secure anything, however I am having a wobble over Sydney.

The cost of living appears ridiculous. We'd have to pay $10,000 for the children to go to the average looking state schools we could get into with 35 in a class :elvis:

Commuting seems expensive and getting the bus is something I did reluctantly 15 years ago, wasn't planning to go back to that tbh.

So for quality of life Perth looks a better option.

My concerns are around Hubby's job situation, he is a sales manager earning about £55,000 here.

I wonder if he would find anything comparable or would he struggle ?

Even if he had a less demanding job that paid less would the swings and roundabouts of living in Perth be balanced with quality of life ?

I'd love to hear from others who've made the decision and why they chose Perth ?

Thanks

Angela

Guest stuartbradbury

Hi, lived in Sydney for 23 years now live in Queensland. Have also lived in Perth. Returned to Perth for two weeks to visit our son April 2012. The price of property in Perth can only be described as ridiculous if you wish to live anywhere near the beach or the city. People there think they are being payed better than the rest of Australia to suit it being so much more expensive, but that is not true, they are being hoodwinked.

The east coast has much more to offer and is far cheaper. Stuart

Hi, lived in Sydney for 23 years now live in Queensland. Have also lived in Perth. Returned to Perth for two weeks to visit our son April 2012. The price of property in Perth can only be described as ridiculous if you wish to live anywhere near the beach or the city. People there think they are being payed better than the rest of Australia to suit it being so much more expensive, but that is not true, they are being hoodwinked.

The east coast has much more to offer and is far cheaper. Stuart

So its cheaper to be near the beach in Sydney, than in Perth?

Hiya, we chose Perth as it they were sponsoring nurses for State Sponsorship. We liked the look of the weather, the size, have friends in Perth who were very happy so gave it a go.

We have nothing to compare in terms of other parts of Australia, as never been. We are renting, and paying just over 500 dollars a week, and have seen properties from 420 right up beyond 1000 dollars a week.

I guess there is only so much research you can do, we spent nights looking at Rewia while back in Scotland, but nothing compares to actually driving around, and seeing everything for ourselves.

Also, with everything in life, someones nightmare, is someoneelses dream, x

Guest Guest66881

The boss made us move here, i wished for Mackay or there abouts, but shes the boss so here we are and it's getting better :)

Driving ideally

Depending on where you choose to live and work driving may be the only option. If you work in the City then you would be MAD to drive in my view due to traffic and cost of parking. I find the train service very good and if you end up in the City working you may find it easier to live near a train station.

Depending on where you choose to live and work driving may be the only option. If you work in the City then you would be MAD to drive in my view due to traffic and cost of parking. I find the train service very good and if you end up in the City working you may find it easier to live near a train station.

In Perth ? I guess that's the same in any city though, it'll be a shock to the system.

Archived