Beautiful Tasmania

Guest RichB

That's not all that makes Tasmania beautiful apart from the odd multistory monstrosity of raw concrete the architecture is some of the best in aus, Hobart is the 2nd oldest city in aus all convict built (most of the old stuff anyway) as the main two building materials back then were wood and stone and the stone is about 200 years old (give or take a million years) now and sadly falling apart and thats were I come in as a stone mason, well that's the plan I'll keep you posted as I'm ladding on the 18th June.

Hi,

Pardon this new lass chimeing in with this but I am inclined to believe my life's work is a pretty good example of old world craftsmanship.

Pity the locals worked at a sloth's pace it took over 5 yrs to produce this:

sheoakroad.net experts.com.au

Alas it took soooo long & cost so much I now face the absolutely heartbreaking reality of having to sell up & move on to a far more modest abode. Between the expense sending me broke & terminal illness in my family I am left with no choice.

Most folks consider my home the epitome of old world colonial art on the best freshwater riverfront spot in southern Tas, Ah well sa la ve life must go on,

Skilledhansgirl/ TAS

I used to live in Tasmania in the early 80s. It is the most beautiful place- we used to go and collect oysters and have them for tea, plus the yabbies there are huge- great black things the size of a mainland crayfish. It was like living in another century in some ways though. This was the wild North West ( very wild then anyway) I wouldn't mind living there again but not there- I think the Hobart area would be a lot better for long-term living.

Well I never....I thought the "money grabbing chaos" was confined to the mainland :)

No money grabbing chaos: we just know a canny deal when we see one (thanks to a lot of Scottish genetic material in Tasmania) :wink:

Seem to be some pictures of the southern lights cropping up on the web from Hobart, anyone catch a glimpse? Can't wait myself fly week on Monday into Tassie....

No, I didn't - was tucked up in bed. And I have tall hills and trees to the south of me which blocks the show somewhat. However there is predicted to be more activity for the rest of this year. There is a group which will alert your mobile phone if there is a good Aurora - even if it's 2 in the morning!