North Sydney get togethers?

Guest Transcend

Guest Transcend

Hi everyone!

I can't believe we're actually flying out to Sydney on 4th Jan! It's all quite surreal!:err:

Once we arrive we'll have to run around sorting stuff out & renting a longer term property before OH starts work on 14th Jan. We'll probably want some more clothes too as we've only got 20kg allowance each! Then the mission to find a school for the kids....but i guess we can't do much about that 'till they're back in February! Oh! We'd better buy some beds too!

Once we're done with the first manic episode as immigrants (! tee hee!) it would be great to meet up with some friendly faces around the north sydney area for a few ice cold beers!:goofy:

When will this all sink in?!.............

X Katherine

Hi Katherine, i fly out to Sydney moving to the north part this Saturday then Tony and Kids follow on 15th January so let me know when you have arrived, settled and sorted a meet up and i will try my best to be there as i wont know what shifts i am working til i get out and started :yes::spinny: Good luck with the move and journey looking forward to meeting up with others and you

Guest Transcend

Hi Lynne!

Go you eh! Nearly there! I'm surprised you're getting time to POI! CONGRATULATIONS! What a ride this is!

I've had a few as we've just been to a neighbour's with Power of Attorny forms to be witnessed just in case the sale of our house doesn't go through as planned.......a few too many meeee thinks! The number of typos i'm having too correct!

I really hope your have a smooth transition to the other side of the world! Definately hope to meet up with you in the first half of 2008! Where are you going to be living? Do you know yet? How old are you beloveds?

Completely understand if i don't hear from you untill you're settled!

OMG! This isn't a dream is it!!!!!!!!

BIG LOVE

X Katherine X :jiggy:

Guest Transcend

Hi Lynne!

Go you eh! Nearly there! I'm surprised you're getting time to POI! CONGRATULATIONS! What a ride this is!

I've had a few as we've just been to a neighbour's with Power of Attorny forms to be witnessed just in case the sale of our house doesn't go through as planned.......a few too many meeee thinks! The number of typos i'm having too correct!

I really hope your have a smooth transition to the other side of the world! Definately hope to meet up with you in the first half of 2008! Where are you going to be living? Do you know yet? How old are you beloveds?

Completely understand if i don't hear from you untill you're settled!

OMG! This isn't a dream is it!!!!!!!!

BIG LOVE

X Katherine X :jiggy:

Hi Katherine,

You deserve one too many when you get brill news hun, my Husband is 34, Daughter is 8 and son is 10 oh and dog is nearly 4. We are looking around the Wentworthville area or around them surrounding suburbs as we dont do city living. I am staying in a place called Linwood Lodge Motel when i land until i get a rental set up etc so going to be busy when i land. My Daughter is off school today as she got a temp of 39 Degrees C so hope she dont give me what she got before i go, Poor thing she is like an oven. I will be doing my final thread tonight or tomorrow night before i go to say goodbyes until i get there and get sorted and get internet up and running. Good luck with your move and hope to see you soon next year as they say :jiggy:

Guest Transcend

Hi Lynne

Your poor daughter! I do hope you don't get what she's got....and that it doesn't make your goodbyes any harder!

Here's wishing you a palace in Wentworthville and all you plans falling into place with ease!

See you next year!

All the very best!

X Katherine

Guest mutikonka

I work in Chatswood [live in the inner west]. If you want a few tips on the good watering holes of North Sydney once you're settled, let me know. I'm currently on holiday in China, back on 5th January.

cheers

Michael from Leeds

Guest Jon & Di

Hi Katherine,

We fly out on the 12th and will be in the same position as you, Looking for a school for our 15 year old daughter, be great to meet up for some moral....

See you on the otherside !!!

Jon & Di

Guest Jon & Di

HI Katherine,

We are looking at the Hills area, Crestwood, Glenwood, as the schools look very good. Its not far for me to commute to work in Miller street and the price of rentals seems ok. How about you?

cheers

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

We've lived in the Hills District for donkey's years...if you need a little local knowledge on schools etc, etc, I'm happy for you to PM me.

HI Katherine,

We are looking at the Hills area, Crestwood, Glenwood, as the schools look very good. Its not far for me to commute to work in Miller street and the price of rentals seems ok. How about you?

cheers

Jon

Guest keithjmorgan

Hi Katherine

Well it looks like you already have a few contacts.

As yu know Dawn and I emigrated to Sydney in the first half of 2007and live in Chatswood and would be interested to hear of other people's experiences of this great city and Country

Keith

Guest lillypups
Hi everyone!

I can't believe we're actually flying out to Sydney on 4th Jan! It's all quite surreal!:err:

Once we arrive we'll have to run around sorting stuff out & renting a longer term property before OH starts work on 14th Jan. We'll probably want some more clothes too as we've only got 20kg allowance each! Then the mission to find a school for the kids....but i guess we can't do much about that 'till they're back in February! Oh! We'd better buy some beds too!

Once we're done with the first manic episode as immigrants (! tee hee!) it would be great to meet up with some friendly faces around the north sydney area for a few ice cold beers!:goofy:

When will this all sink in?!.............

X Katherine

Hi Katherine,

Hope you are settling down to your new life in NSW Australia, I know you have only been here a short while and things are probably manic at the moment.

I am Julie, I live in Easwood and have been living here now for 15 months, so if you have any questions let me know and I will try to answer them the best I can.

Good luck with everything.

Guest lillypups

Hi Keith & Dawn,

I am Julie and my husbands name is Paul, we live in Eastwood and have been living here for 15 months now.

It didnt take us too long to get sorted and settled down, we enjoy the lifestyle and the great weather. I hope you are both settled in Chatswood. Did it take you long to settle in to the Australian way of life?

Archived