1st July - Are we stressing for no reason?

Addison05

Hi All

I was just thinking to myself today "what if we are all stressing for no reason about 1st July" :daydreaming:

Its not like the DIAC are going to stop doing their job and not request any applications after the 1st July!

I think the closer we are to lodging by then we have a good chance of being invited soon after the change. :cute:

I started a thread a few days ago about some good news for July 1st but it didnt get much response. My agent seems to think it will speed everything up and just weed out all of the chancers that take up valuable man hours going through the paperwork.

Here is the thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/147498-good-news-regarding-july-1st-deadline.html

I started a thread a few days ago about some good news for July 1st but it didnt get much response. My agent seems to think it will speed everything up and just weed out all of the chancers that take up valuable man hours going through the paperwork.

Here is the thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/147498-good-news-regarding-july-1st-deadline.html

I saw this thread, just wasnt sure if it meant have state sponsorship before july 1st

I think it's a big noise about nothing. The only thing that would worry me is if you have an occupation that may be removed from the SOL or be likely to quickly reach the occupation cieling for that skill (eg, accountant - like me... I applied earlier just in case).

I think the worry will be regarding people that are on SOL 2 and need the SS to be able to apply, or others that need the SS points for their application to meet the pass mark - as it has not been said exactly how each state will nominate SS. Since each state has a set number of places, will the states choose the highest points/highest english/work experience. But then people who are eligible for 189 (175) who have been getting SS for faster processing, may get chosen for Independent rather than getting a place for SS.

Until it is up and running - we dont exactly know how it will work. EOI/ Invitation to apply is only benifiting DIAC - hand pick who they want, faster processing and not having a CAT 5 ever again.

I think it's a big noise about nothing. The only thing that would worry me is if you have an occupation that may be removed from the SOL or be likely to quickly reach the occupation cieling for that skill (eg, accountant - like me... I applied earlier just in case).

I reckon they will not remove occupations completely, more likely give them a really low occupation allocation number.

Eg. Limit some occupations to 100 per year while other occupations get an allocation of say 2000.

In answer to your question Addison05, I really hope we are!!!!

The changes will only be for the good of Australia.

With a General Election looming and the new rule changes, I think it is difficult not to worry.

I think the main problem at the moment is that no one really knows what is going to happen (even the good agents who know their "Onions") are pulling their hair out.

Let's just hope that we all hear something very soon. I would prefer to know what we need to do and when and how to do it rather than sitting waiting and surmising how it will affect us all.

It has to be good for speeding up the applications but before you were able to stand in the queue and be seen to, after July 1st youll have to obtain a golden ticket just to be able to stand in the queue to be seen.

Its very much like the NZ system will be, they posted fortnightly results of EOI results and for the first part of the year it was mostly the people with higher marks got picked (obviously different for occupations with this one) and eventually the lower points would be picked but then again those that get picked will be replaced by people entering the EOI with the same amount of points again.

It has to be good for speeding up the applications but before you were able to stand in the queue and be seen to, after July 1st youll have to obtain a golden ticket just to be able to stand in the queue to be seen.

Its very much like the NZ system will be, they posted fortnightly results of EOI results and for the first part of the year it was mostly the people with higher marks got picked (obviously different for occupations with this one) and eventually the lower points would be picked but then again those that get picked will be replaced by people entering the EOI with the same amount of points again.

The NZ system is a bit different - slightly more complicated, with all the different skills lists, very much how OZ one use to be before they simplified it last year. - also you get points for NZ if you have a job offer.

Archived