This is it!!

Hoo2Victoria

OMG! This is it. After a year on the Market we have now accepted an offer from someone whom doesn't have anything to sell! This is it! Reality is starting to sink in (well when the Sold sign appears on the board). Now panic is rising as I'm thinking this is really happening. We're leaving everything we know behind and starting a new where we don't know anyone, don't know the area, putting the girls into new Schools and hoping all hopes that they make friends. I hope I make friends too :)

Half of me wants to go the other half is crying and wanting to stay, as this is what I know, I know the people around me. I am staying positive and believe we will have a better life down under than we do now.

Hope you can relate to this and any advice, please share. x

Congratulations!

Scarey isn't it!! I know exactly what you mean. Although we haven;t sold yet, I still get those feelings of I'm leaving everything I know....Aggghhhh!!:arghh:

Good Luck with the move

Lisa

X

Hi,

What you are going through is normal and you will get through it! You will have a lot more tears before you get here but once you arrive things will settle down. The kids will be fine and you will make friends. Where are you going to be? If you don't meet anyone through school which I am sre you will there is always on PIO! Just put a request to meet up with people and someone will reply!!

If you don't try it you will never know and maybe regret it in future. Yes it will be stressful and hectic when you first arrive but it does setttle down after a while. You will go through times when you wish you were back in the Uk with people you know but just remember why you are doing it and give it time. You can always go back in years to come if you don't like it. Nothing is forever!! Good Luck.

Congrats to you. To sell anything major here seems impossible at the mo. Kinda of in the same boat, trying to sell house as that is our 1st choice but will rent if need be. Can i just ask, have you done anything in particular to sell or was it just you got the right person thru the door. eg did you reduce your price after a while, or have you accepted a lower offer.

Needing some major house selling tips big time:wacko:

Congratulations! Must be a complete mix of emotions for you all...but very exciting too I'm sure! Hope all goes well for you.

What part of Melbourne are you heading to?

Esther x

We're going to be heading North of Melbourne, probably around Sunbury. Very nervous as it's going to happen all so quickly after waiting so long (if you know what I mean)!!

Congrats to you. To sell anything major here seems impossible at the mo. Kinda of in the same boat, trying to sell house as that is our 1st choice but will rent if need be. Can i just ask, have you done anything in particular to sell or was it just you got the right person thru the door. eg did you reduce your price after a while, or have you accepted a lower offer.

Needing some major house selling tips big time:wacko:

We've had our house on the Market since May 2011!!! We've had to drop the price and have sold it for just 5k more than we paid for it 9 years ago!! We were hoping to get an extra 10-15k more than we paid but we're in competition with new builds in our village, which are offering all sorts of deals unfortunate for us.

OMG! This is it. After a year on the Market we have now accepted an offer from someone whom doesn't have anything to sell! This is it! Reality is starting to sink in (well when the Sold sign appears on the board). Now panic is rising as I'm thinking this is really happening. We're leaving everything we know behind and starting a new where we don't know anyone, don't know the area, putting the girls into new Schools and hoping all hopes that they make friends. I hope I make friends too :)

Half of me wants to go the other half is crying and wanting to stay, as this is what I know, I know the people around me. I am staying positive and believe we will have a better life down under than we do now.

Congrats on the house sale! It must be a big relief.

What you are feeling is totally understandable it's a big thing your doing. Give yourself space to breath. Not everything has to be done at once.

Wishing you well as you continue on your adventure. Jxxxx

congratulations on your house sale.

I know exactly how you feel. We have sold our house and are in the proccess of sorting a holiday let.

My emotions are all over the place aswell. Wondering are we doing the right thing, will we find jobs that pay enough for us to have the lifestyle we would like, will the kids make friends, will will be able to find a home while we are in our holiday home the list goes on and on

Like Tiamilo said if we don't try it we will never know.

Good luck with all your future plans

Snap!!! We accepted an offer from a couple in rented last weekend and booked our flights for 6th Sept - very scary! I feel scared, overwhelmed and excited all in one, we've never even been to OZ - must be crazy!

When are you looking to go? Have you looked at areas to live yet? Bet your girls are excited!

Emma x

congratulations to you both on the sale.

Although we sold our place 6 years ago when the market was defintely very different, it was still a massive weight lifted off our shoulders, and still remember ther rush of emotions thinking about the reality of it all.

good luck both with the big move now.

Archived