Bad service from Agents and missing the boat

John and Alexa

Hi Guys

As some people already know we used the services of an agent 15months ago and have been more than useless from day one.

They failed to meed the 1st of July deadline last year for some unknown reason stating they where busy working on other people applications etc (made us feel so great) then after what can only be describes a serious of cock-ups and us threatening them with MARA etc we seemed to but everything behind us and carry on.

Well here we are 12 months to the week since they had all of our paperwork to submit to Vetassess and was only submitted 12 weeks ago and still no outcome other than they have messed up once again, in this time our ANZCO code has disappeared for all except ACT and noted that they are stating deadlines for 1st May to get applications in (leaving us just over a week) for or it will have to be resubmitted under the new July 2012 rules. We had to tell the agent this rather than the other way around.

My question is with what can only be an awful service by our agents who have single handed screwed up our application from start to finish we hel accountable for anything. We are going to go down the route of MARAbut we cannot see how we can benefit in anyway.

Looks like the dream might be over after 15months of hassle to get this on track. We thought we had done the right thing to employ an agent to take the hassle away and could not have been more wrong.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sorry to hear that mate, a good agent is a must and its a warning to others, pick a good one thats recommended by alot of people, like Go Matilda.

Best of luck.

Really sorry to hear that. If you decide to a DIY visa, then you expect to shoulder the stress, but to instruct an agent and have them cause the stress is beyond ridiculous!!! I would speak to someone senior in the company and see what they can do as they have clearly not done the job they were instructed and paid to do. Have you read their T&C's. I don't really know what course of action is open to you, I wish I did. Could you seek the advice of a "kosher" agent and ask them and/or speak to DIAC. There must be a code of conduct somewhere and the migration agencies must have to adhere to certain rules and regulations. I wish you luck.

That is really awful news. I had the same problem with service from the agent me and my partner used. In the end we just said enough was enough and sent the application directly through to Australia house in London.

They were great at the start really helpful and keen and then all of a sudden the service became really bad, they gave us a case worker based in South Africa who was very difficult to contact and our complaints to them fell on deaf ears.

We are currently seeking legal advice on the best way to try and get our money back. It seems MARA cannot help us as they are not based in Australia they are not governed by there rules and also the UK immigration ombudsman can not help as im not seeking immigration to the uk.

I would walk away from them and DIY, I wouldnt get wrapped up in their uselessness but concentrate on my own goal of getting there, your making more work trying to prove they are incompetent.

Anyhow, you may be lucky under the new Skill Select and hopefully go where you want to go, at least on the positive side your being assessed right now and you need this assessment to lodge an EOI, plus get your IELTS done for maximum points if you can so you are higher up the picking ladder.

Best of Luck

Thanks for the responses guys - just frustrating that all and the option to report to MARA has no bearing or aid to us for missing these deadlines so kind of seems like a waste of time

Dib - IELTS was done 14 months ago lol - thats the point - the frustration is overwhelming as paid thousands to have to do al the work and chasing myself.

Will be looking at various other options for sure but just wasted a hell of a time for no reason.

Thanks for the responses guys - just frustrating that all and the option to report to MARA has no bearing or aid to us for missing these deadlines so kind of seems like a waste of time

Dib - IELTS was done 14 months ago lol - thats the point - the frustration is overwhelming as paid thousands to have to do al the work and chasing myself.

Will be looking at various other options for sure but just wasted a hell of a time for no reason.

I just sent you a PM. Read it and then call me on the free phone number I provided. I'll see if there's anything I can suggest that might help you out.

We have had a similar problem. Difficult because the agent was engaged by OHs work.... and we don't want to rock the boat. I finally flipped this month and have taken our case to another agent who we are paying for through the nose but already the difference is massive. We are unlikely to get PR now due to agent n. 1 incompetence..... what annoys me the most is that one stupid person has managed to ruin someone else's lives!! We are waiting to get a few things sorted and then will be making a complaint through the correct channels. I would consider another agent. Good luck.

We have had a similar problem. Difficult because the agent was engaged by OHs work.... and we don't want to rock the boat. I finally flipped this month and have taken our case to another agent who we are paying for through the nose but already the difference is massive. We are unlikely to get PR now due to agent n. 1 incompetence..... what annoys me the most is that one stupid person has managed to ruin someone else's lives!! We are waiting to get a few things sorted and then will be making a complaint through the correct channels. I would consider another agent. Good luck.

Totally agree with the fact they have lives in their hands.

We have our fingers crossed for you too :)

Well the last few days with our so called agent have been eventful thats for sure.

Agent see's our attempts at trying to resolve the shortcomings as a personal attack as she feels she is getting the blame - we blame the company and not the individual even though she is ultimately responsible for our case.

She has stated that she is far too busy to read our messages etc and this was going around in circles with all concerns not being responded too. We sat up until 2:30am to call them and basically they refused any verbal communication.

We have asked for the termination of our contract, return all paperwork and fee's not used as we have paid for lodging and will be lodging our complaint with MARA later today. Not sure if they are ready for over 100 pages of transcript mostly us asking what the hell is going on etc and being fobbed off.

Nothing like the feeling of wasting 15 months and even if the dream is going to be delayed it surely has to be better than constantly arguing with an agent who has been paid to have our best interests.

Sorry to hear this.There is nothing more worse being ruined at the hands of a person who was to make it good for you..thats why I am concerned when going for an agent..sometimes I feel I should lodge it by myself but then again I know that I can't manage all the paperwork...

Archived