Advice needed from brickies!

boogaloo

Hi guys

We are trying to complete the skills assessment for our 176 sponsored visa. OH is a brickie and words are not his strong point!

One question asks "have you carried out masonry veneer construction". Does this mean timber frame work with brickwork facing?

Any advice appreciated!!

Unfortunately cant help you but just wanted to say look out for a guy called Aldo he is our resident brickie he lives in Brisbane.

Maybe give him a pm i'm sure he wont mind

Was going to suggest a pm to aldo too. By all accounts your tra application has to be very detailed, and you must talk about the training your OH received as well as detailing how you would do a particular job, what tools you'd use etc.,

Ali

Guest Gollywobbler

Billy Braveheart can help with this as well because he did the TRA earlier this year, and he can proably aswer the technical question, plus he will probably be only too plesed to review Hubby's draft submission and to suggest any additions or improvements that might be needed. Billy passed his TRA at the first attempt, so he claerly kows how to do them for brickies.

Cheers

Gill

Guest claire&fred

Hi

OH is a brickie too. We passed TRA in August. Nothing was mentioned about masonry veneer construction but things have probably changed since we did it. OH suggests contacting CITB and maybe asking them their advice? Just a thought. Goodluck.

Claire

Guest claire&fred

Just another thought. I typed it into google and it came up with loads of info regarding masonry veneer construction. Would love to quote it but went right over my head.

Claire

Archived