What do you miss from england?

Loopieloo

I really miss nothing I have been away so long Aus is my home now. In fact I am pleased to get back to Aus. The UK I knew disappeared in the nineties. Its no longer familiar apart from the countryside, what is left of it, if the population keeps on growing guess more of it will disappear in the future.

You will find it very different here in Australia, you will find you need to buy different products in the supermarkets, some say the chocolate is different, we jut have a different way of doing things here. Lots of old cars around as they do not rust so they last a lot longer. The humour is very very dry and you may find it very strange. Aussies do not like to be told the way they do things is out of date, even if it is.

You may find that if you live in a suburb there is no-one much around in the day, everyone drives everywhere and people do not walk.

Its probably more americanised than anglicised these days.

Don't expect too much and you will not be disappointed. Just because all us poms live here does not make it Uk in the sun.

Guest guest17301

The thing I miss is my rose tinted view of it....Escape to the Country is my fave programme. When I watch it I could easily see myself moving back....sadly thats not the reality of life in the Uk for most people though :(

The only other thing...family, friends and memories

For me the different types of food, Pret A Manger, finding a really good bargain, clothes and Pound shops, (shameless cheapie). I'm sure others may mention decent chocolate too.

But despite all of those things, I quite like where I am. If I wasn't here I would definitely be living in NZ.