Student Visa Granted!!!! Get in there!!!!

jimbobandrachel

Hi all

Just thought I would share our good news with you all. Today we received an email from DIAC confirming that our student visa application had been granted. Rachel can now compose herself as she thought we would get turned down because we're not married, no matter how many times I tried to reassure her that it would be fine.

Anyway, I've told my parents, and they're just as excited as us cos they'll get to spend next Xmas in Oz with us (they've not been before).

Just got back from Tescos with a bottle of Champagne and a crate of Corona. Not long now til we're drinking Toohey's and VB!!

Thanks to all for the various posts we've read about Melbourne (where to live, renting etc) and we can now go to Las Vegas for New Year's Eve knowing that next year we'll be in Oz.

From a very happy Jimbob

Cheers

Guest mandy&Jem

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news, I am so pleased for you both, and green with envy. lol. Good luck guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! -x-

Guest Rachel&Stu

That's absolutely great news :jiggy:

Although have to confess I am surprised, as our agent has insisted that we cannot apply for ours until 1st March. Confused? Definitely!

Well done!

Rachel:cute:

Guest Rachel&Stu

Lol, have now e-mailed our agent to find out why we have to wait until March when you've got yours!!

I'll let you know!!

Cheers,

Rachel:wubclub:

That's absolutely great news :jiggy:

Although have to confess I am surprised, as our agent has insisted that we cannot apply for ours until 1st March. Confused? Definitely!

Well done!

Rachel:cute:

Hi Rachel

The visa application has been successful, but we can't send our passports to DIAC until 4 months before course start date, where they will attach the visa to the passports (or whatever they do). This is what your agent is probably referring to.

Hope this clears everything up.

Cheers

JImbob

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Jimbob & Rachel:jiggy:

Well e-mailed my agent, he said he doesn't know how you got your application accepted, but if we want to get all our docs together, we could try too.

However, by the time we get the PCs back and get our docs certified, it will probably be February anyway, so we're nearly there.

Just wondering if you've got a house to sell too, like us. This is our main problem at the minute.

Congratulations again!

Rache :cute:

Hi Jimbob & Rachel:jiggy:

Well e-mailed my agent, he said he doesn't know how you got your application accepted, but if we want to get all our docs together, we could try too.

However, by the time we get the PCs back and get our docs certified, it will probably be February anyway, so we're nearly there.

Just wondering if you've got a house to sell too, like us. This is our main problem at the minute.

Congratulations again!

Rache :cute:

Hi Rachel & Stu

Fortunately for us we sold our house back in April 2006. We then went travelling (USA, Cook Is, Fiji, NZ, Oz) thanks to the generous redudancy package Rachel received from Royal & Sun Alliance. I had no hesitation in handing in my notice even though I did like my job.

Since we got back in Jan 2007 we have been renting, so when the time comes to move to Melbourne we won't have any worries about not having sold a house. It's our intention to see out our tenancy agreement til about May 08 and then move into my parents house til we leave these shores.

The worst part now is waiting til that day comes, but we've got a holiday to enjoy now over Xmas knowing that this time next year we'll be in a better country living a better lifestyle.

I know there's been a bit of negativity about housing in OZ, but as I see it you get alot more for your money. We currently pay £475pm for a one bed unfurnished apartment and for a little extra in Oz we'll get a 3 bed house with loads of living space.

And as I write this, it's trying to snow here in good old Halifax! That's something I won't miss.

Bye for now

JImbob & Rachel

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi again!!

Wow, I'm impressed. Sounds like you're both all ready to go!:notworthy:

Have been on your homepage and looked at your pictures, they're fab:yes:

Hope our house sale comes through in time, that's my main worry.

Keep in touch! Cheers,

Hi again!!

Wow, I'm impressed. Sounds like you're both all ready to go!:notworthy:

Have been on your homepage and looked at your pictures, they're fab:yes:

Hope our house sale comes through in time, that's my main worry.

Keep in touch! Cheers,

Hi

Reading many of the posts on here and that seems to be everyones main worry, not being able to sell there house. Just glad we're not in that position.

Even if we'd failed to get in to Oz, we would have been leaving this country. We both had enough. Even if you earn good money, you don't have much left when the government takes as much as possible from you to look after the illegal immigrants coming here.

At least when me and Rache go to Oz, we're going there to learn a trade, earn some money and have some fantastic holidays while enjoying a cold tinny on a sunny afternoon, and on top of that we should make plenty of new friends.

Enough of my bleating for now, good look with the house sale and the rest of the application.

Cheers

Jimbob

Archived