475 or 176??

kitty78

Hi,

I'm thinking about, which of above visas is easier to get and take less processing time?What do you considering me?i got 65 points on free assessment, but i have to study one more year to get positive outcome skill asessment.

Will appreciate any your advice.

Many thanx

Thank you Graemsay, If I understand I can work only in my occupation?so I can't do other jobs?i'm not sure.and there I was interesting how much timelines gets each visa.i know about they let me do...,but

"and if you lose your job then you have to find another within a month"

i hear that for the first time.Where did you hear for it? You have really scared me with that.

thx again

A 176 ties you into a specific state. A 475 ties you into a specific employer, and if you lose your job then you have to find another within a month, or leave Australia.

I'd prefer a 176.

Graemsay i think that although you are correct about the 176 you are incorrect with regard to the 475 .

The 457 is the employer sponsored visa and you are correct that you have to leave within 28 day of termination of employment unless you find another employer who can pick up your sponsorship. The 475 is a regional sponsored visa. Hope this helps.

Currently...

The 176 - is a state sponsored PR visa. (5 points for SS)

the 475 is Regional state sponsored Provisional visa - 10 points for SS (provisional for 3 years - after 2 years living and 1 year working in Regional Australia - this can be changed to a PR Visa)

If it will be a year before yours Skills assessment these visa subclasses cease to exist for new applications on 1 July 2012 - therefore you need to look at 190 State nominated visa and 489 nominated visa on the new skill select page

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

We are going for a 475 family sponsored because we are 5 points short for a 176. If we had the choice, we would go for a 176 every time as this is a permanent visa from the off. It seems almost certain that after a min of 2 years with at least 1 year working, you would be able to get PR, but nothing is guaranteed. For us, it's our only option so are more than happy to go for it.

My advice would be to go for a PR visa every time.

Good to hear, so I collect than 70 points on 475 instead 65.I didn't know that regional sponsorship gives you 10.Good news.In this case do you think it's better to get 176 (65), or 475 (70)points?i preffer more 176, but i want to get more chance too.what do you think?

Should I'll be able to do any kind of job if I'll be on 475?

But the time you are applying you will be looking at the 190PR (176) or 489(475). Provisional visa.

You should always try to aim for a PR visa - you can work anywhere in the Area that has sponsored. A provisional visa is a bit like a temporary resident visa - you are not entitled to same things. And you can only live and work in Regional Australia (no Citys)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Good to hear, so I collect than 70 points on 475 instead 65.I didn't know that regional sponsorship gives you 10.Good news.In this case do you think it's better to get 176 (65), or 475 (70)points?i preffer more 176, but i want to get more chance too.what do you think?

Should I'll be able to do any kind of job if I'll be on 475?

On a 475you will need to show that you are doing the occupation that you applied under. The rules to gain PR are you have to have been working in that role for at least 1 year and have been in a regional area for at least 2 years. The 475 regional state sponsored is quite restricted, you cannot work in any cities and you have to live and work in certain postcodes. The 475 regional family sponsored means you have to live and work in a regional area, but Perth is classed as a regional area BUT ONLY for family sponsored 475's. This is how we are hoping to go in on a 475. We will have 10 points for the family sponsor and I will be able to work in the CBD, Perth.

Again, IMHO, I would say go for the 176. Don't focus on the points so much, you have enough. The 176 is a better option as it is a permanent visa from day one and you have more options when you are there. All you have to do is to commit to the state.

Good Luck.

You can work at any occupation on 475 as long as you are working for 1 year.

No, really?!!!! I don't disbelieve you for one minute, but am just shocked. So you need a skill to get into Oz, but you don't have to be working in that skill once you are there. So my OH could go and then sweep the streets for a year, that's fine as long as he is working and has lived there for 2 years - surely not!!! It makes an absolutely mockery of the fact that TRA will not assess us before we have an AQF III.

No, really?!!!! I don't disbelieve you for one minute, but am just shocked. So you need a skill to get into Oz, but you don't have to be working in that skill once you are there. So my OH could go and then sweep the streets for a year, that's fine as long as he is working and has lived there for 2 years - surely not!!! It makes an absolutely mockery of the fact that TRA will not assess us before we have an AQF III.

Yes its true!!

"To be granted this visa, you must have lived for at least two years and worked full time for a total period of 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia before lodging your visa application." http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/

"have worked full time in a Specified Regional Area for at least one year"

"There is no restriction on the type of work that you may undertake. You could work for an employer or yourself. The only restriction is that the employment must be both of the following:

Thanks to all of you.

So if I understand as well I can do any type of work on 475 (12 m. in 2 yrs), so I or my hubby can work as cleaner or houskeeper..., and after two years apply for PR?Am I right?I f i'm not close in my occupation during my job, can diac reject me when applying for PR, because of this?

thx

Archived