I love Australia, but...

Tulip

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I have to say i hated the sand, because the weather was fantastic, we had to go to the beach and swim in the warm azure seas, borrrrring i know, but i didn't want the Aussies to think i was a wuss, well the sand gets everywhere and i mean everywhere, i have been back in the Uk ages now and i am still finding sand in my nook and crannies, lol.

We didn't ike Australia - but this isn't an Oz bashing post...to say something that I found difficult to adjust to (in the spirit of this thread- not the reason we left) was the short nights in Summer...coupled with the swarms of Mozzies that come out at dusk....not nice to sit outside..after about 6pm.

Lovely night skies though...

Defo not looking forward to the creepies or the sharks - sharks I can stay away from - don't go in the sea, OH wants to go swimming with em, but he's just not normal!!! Only saw one spider when we lived there, but it was dead, someone got to it before me. I was shocked at the cockcroaches, they were everywhere. Another thing to add to the list - baseball bat. If the tv is crap, that's how I will be spending my time.

I am laughing as just remembered that I was a nervous wreck when lived in Sydney. Constantly looking in and under things for creepies. Shaking shoes and slippers and checking the bed each night. Saw my first ever Rat down by the Cinema at George Street.

Suspect I will cope with the heat. Cope with it here, but spend three months moaning about it, so will be living up to the name of a whinging POM then.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I love Australia, but whats all those programmes about, bigging it up all the time, Poms in paradise, Poms down under, Wanted down under, Poms up the khyber pass and others, they really wind me up making out its great over there, why don't the BBC do a positive show about the UK?

I love Australia, but whats all those programmes about, bigging it up all the time, Poms in paradise, Poms down under, Wanted down under, Poms up the khyber pass and others, they really wind me up making out its great over there, why don't the BBC do a positive show about the UK?

There would be too many calls to Ofcom LOL!!!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

That Phil down under, hes another smug bugga, Australia this, Australia that, look at these fantastic houses, he forgets to mention they all fall down after 17 years, i could Phil him in, lol.

I love Australia, but ....... Why is it so far away? It isn't, Well, not when I woke up this morning.

Why is it doing so well financially compared to the UK, which is partly the reason why the exchange rate has dropped by $1 which is costing me a fortune. 'Cos it has big mobs of natural resources and better weather

Why is the television so crap, lol. 'Cos 80% is yankee sitcoms.

And why isn't life in Australia like neighbours? Whose neighbours? Mine are great!

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR These things really wind me up.:laugh::mad::rolleyes:

Cheers, Bobj.

LOL well I like the positive shows, I'm very naive. :D

Must admit I rather like the short nights, I really love waking up to the light, and hate waking up to the dark. But the mozzies I could do without, defiantely. I'm not looking forward to those.

I didn't like how hot the sun made the sand, I couldn't walk across the beach, had to do a mental run that probably had the nearby residents cursing bloody Poms and their wussy delicate feet. ;)

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I'm jesting i love all the shows and i love big Phil, what a guy, if he wasn't married, i'd be after him, lol.

Archived