Visa status in the event of bereavemnet

Tiamilo

Sorry this is a bit morbid but we moved across here on a 457 visa in December with my Husband obtaining this by being a gp. We have had a thought about what our status would be in the event that anything happened to him (us being myself and our 2 children - 9 and 3). Would we have to return to the uk. I presume that this would not be an issue once we have been able to obtain our PR. Advice re this would be appreciated.

I recall watching "Bondi Rescue" and a Mongolian GP drowned and his family had to return home afterwards. So probably wont get much leniency in the event of a disaster such as main applicant passing.

Funny, how you watch anything with an aussie theme, although I draw the line at Australias next top model :wink:

Sorry this is a bit morbid but we moved across here on a 457 visa in December with my Husband obtaining this by being a gp. We have had a thought about what our status would be in the event that anything happened to him (us being myself and our 2 children - 9 and 3). Would we have to return to the uk. I presume that this would not be an issue once we have been able to obtain our PR. Advice re this would be appreciated.

In the event of an extenuating circumstance I would look into applying for a bridging visa, though this would be if you were able to apply for some other form of visa? Might be worth checking it out though??

This is one of the biggest obstacles that has to be taken into consideration.... if you are not the main visa holder on the 457 you are basically up the river without a paddle... unless you also have an equal chance of getting a job with this type of visa then you have 28 days..... think l held my breath until we got pr... slight protection... we always had money aside incase of flying back .... kept our credit cards clean and didnt get into any debt, infact its set us up for the better because now we dont get into debt... we have brainwashed ourselves into saving for what we want...

Hi - only just saw this thread.

One of my staff on a 457 passed away a couple of weeks ago. His family are required to leave Aust within 28 days from the date of his passing.

Guest brucekerrhair

Hi does anyone know what would be the situation of the holder of an rsms 119 visa passing away, what would happen to the spouse on the visa if the main holder died? As its PR after two years would they still only have 28 days to leave the country? x

Archived