Documents needed for 176 visa?!

CROWDED HOUSE

Hi Everyone, we are currently waiting for our WA State Sponsorship to be approved but I wanted to have the documents that Ill need to attach to the actual visa appliaction online with DIAC all ready! Thing is we are not actually sure what documents they are going to require! Does anyone know?! I cant find anything on the website, just says something about certified documents etc but not atually what you need as there is no breakdown. Just want to have it all ready so we can submit the appliaction for visa when the WA sponsorship hopefully gets approved!

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

Welcome to PIO,

I will move your question to the Migration forum, hopefully it will get more answers on there.

Once you lodge your application and pay you will get a personalised online checklist of what is required. If you look in my photos there is a copy of our online checklist - but yours could ask for more.

If lodging your application online - as long as you colour scan the original documents there is no need to get these certified.

You have 28 days to upload your documents - also if there is anything missed your CO will request it or any additional information once you get one.

If I recall correctly you need:

-Passport Bio Pages,

- Birth Certificates (proof of age)

- Skills Assessment Cert.

- IELTS Certificates

- Passport Photos

- Employment Evidence (Job offer letters, payslips, P60's)

- Qualification Certificates

We applied for a De facto relationship to had to add proof of this i.e. statutory declaration, statemet of our relationship, bank statement, mortgage statement, photos, invitations to weddings etc etc.

We have no dependents so maybe the document list will be different. Effectively they need evidence of the categories you're claiming points for.

Once you pay your fee it gives you a list of what you need, but this includes the things above.

Good luck

I asked this somewhere else but didnt get a reply. Is it possible to apply for the 176 before actually getting State Sponsorship? I know there is a place to fill in the correspondence # in the 176 application, is this a requirement before filing?

If I recall correctly you need:

-Passport Bio Pages,

- Birth Certificates (proof of age)

- Skills Assessment Cert.

- IELTS Certificates

- Passport Photos

- Employment Evidence (Job offer letters, payslips, P60's)

- Qualification Certificates

We applied for a De facto relationship to had to add proof of this i.e. statutory declaration, statemet of our relationship, bank statement, mortgage statement, photos, invitations to weddings etc etc.

We have no dependents so maybe the document list will be different. Effectively they need evidence of the categories you're claiming points for.

Once you pay your fee it gives you a list of what you need, but this includes the things above.

Good luck

Marriage certificate if applicable is another for the list !

I asked this somewhere else but didnt get a reply. Is it possible to apply for the 176 before actually getting State Sponsorship? I know there is a place to fill in the correspondence # in the 176 application, is this a requirement before filing?

No, you need your SS before you can lodge your 176.

Hi,

Don't risk doing that. You do need a SS reference number, for WA it is the same as the application number, it could be different for other states.

Things are moving very fast for 176 and if for some reason, you don't get your SS by the time a CO is allocated it may become ugly. Especially so, if you need SS to get 65 points.

The thing is, application is considered based on the information provided at the time of lodging. Sure you can change things like home address, passport numbers during the process but better not do it with things that are critical.

Good luck with your application, hope your skills assessment or SS comes through soon.

PS: I did ask and answer this one somewhere on the forum, if you like you can look it up.

Guest melanie79

hi guys,

im wondering something here. im waiting for my skills assessment & i sit my ielts next week. with the changes coming in with skills select on 1st july 2012 im just wondering if we have 28 days to submit our documents when applying for 175/176 & i receive a positive skills assessment by email but havent received it by post by the end of june, should i still apply for the visa? what happens if everything if documents are not submitted within the 28 day period?! melanie x

hi guys,

im wondering something here. im waiting for my skills assessment & i sit my ielts next week. with the changes coming in with skills select on 1st july 2012 im just wondering if we have 28 days to submit our documents when applying for 175/176 & i receive a positive skills assessment by email but havent received it by post by the end of june, should i still apply for the visa? what happens if everything if documents are not submitted within the 28 day period?! melanie x

Hi,

Did you get a scan of the outcome letter or just notification that it has been successful? If no scan then the letter may or may not have been prepared and it should be dated before your 175/176 lodged date, to be on the safe side.

For 175, you don't need to worry too much as CO allocation is in the order of 5 to 6 months. The 28 days is a guideline. Your CO will request for any missing documents but the critical one's must be dated before your application date.

For 176, CO allocation is in the 3 week range, so you better have the main docs (SS, skills outcome, IELTS etc) ready before the CO.

In either case, DO NOT apply without an IELTS score dated before the lodge date especially if you need it for points. For skills assessment, if they haven't posted it already then ask them to hold and send them a pre-paid courier. Much faster and more control for you. Good luck!

Hi Everyone, we are currently waiting for our WA State Sponsorship to be approved but I wanted to have the documents that Ill need to attach to the actual visa appliaction online with DIAC all ready! Thing is we are not actually sure what documents they are going to require! Does anyone know?! I cant find anything on the website, just says something about certified documents etc but not atually what you need as there is no breakdown. Just want to have it all ready so we can submit the appliaction for visa when the WA sponsorship hopefully gets approved!

links here take you to what is required http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/step-2.htm

Guest nitisha

Hi...i am also waiting for WA SS (475 regional sponsorship...)....looks like the processing time is taking bit longer....:(....hope for the best!!!

If you intend to apply visa, advice is to front load all documents so that it can speed up your file.

Advice from DIAC is to NOT to frontload medicals and PCC when applying offshore - advice is to wait until a CO requests this. Due to different time processing times for HR and LR countries (HR countries can go through external and internal checks that take over a year) you may find yourself with limited time frame to validate your visa as medicals and PCC are only valid for 1 year.

Archived