Aqf iii

lillystar26

Hi, has anyone done/doing an AQF III. How simple/easy was it to do? We are currently doing one but having problems with which catagory my husband fits into and starting to feel messed about especially as we have already paid alot of money.

Just wanted an idea of other peoples experiences

Thanks in advance

Vicky

Thank-you Caz

He works on big diesel engines, his job doesn't seem to fit in any particular catagory but hes been told he will definitely be able.to get one. They were going to put him through as a mechanic but he has never worked on.cars, now they are saying fitter but he hsnt done half the stuff on there either. Feeling very frustrated and he is so worried about the skype interview. They told us it wo9uld be a very quick process but its been going on for a month now and havnt even enrolled yet. Can I be nosy and ask what company you used?

Vicky

We used Australian skill assessment they were v good. My husband was worried about the interview too but it was fine. Once you find the proper category you'll be fine the form was the worst part for us cause my husband is self employed so proving the 4 years work experience was a nightmare!

It is a very frustrating process we are currently waiting for TRA to come back and can't do anything till it does! This will only be the 1st hurdle but it will be worth it in the end!

Hopefully someone who knows something about mechanical stuff will be along to give you some advice.

Where there's a will there's a way!

hi i am doing a aqf level 3 who are you using and how much has it cost you as the people we are using are very helpful to us.

It cost us about £3k can't really remember how much we were using an agent at the time so it was done through them

We are also using ASA at the moment. We have passed the first stage, have submitted the paperwork for the second stage, hoping that we have passed that stage so we can move on to the interview and/or technical demonstration. We have found ASA to be incredibly helpful. We have supplied every bit of paperwork, photos and videos that we could think of to prove technical knowledge and that to show that we have been self employed for the requisite number of years.

We are just waiting to hear back now. We have been told it should be this week, but not sure what with the Easter holidays etc.

Hi Caz, who did you deal with at ASA? We are dealing with Darren and Allan - we really like them and find them to be excellent.

We used Australian skill assessment they were v good. My husband was worried about the interview too but it was fine. Once you find the proper category you'll be fine the form was the worst part for us cause my husband is self employed so proving the 4 years work experience was a nightmare!

It is a very frustrating process we are currently waiting for TRA to come back and can't do anything till it does! This will only be the 1st hurdle but it will be worth it in the end!

Hopefully someone who knows something about mechanical stuff will be along to give you some advice.

Where there's a will there's a way!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all!

Anybody can give me any advise about technical interview?I'm a painter and decorator without qualification and i need AQF III to the visa process!Just wondering how difficult the questions!i have 6 years experience,but i'm a bit worried i will get a lot of hard questions:(

many thanks!

OH hasn't had his interview yet, but we have been told by skills agent that there are no trick questions, they are only trying to gauge how much experience you have/have not got etc. There have been lots of peeps who have really stressed over the interview and said it was OK. We are waiting to hear the results on Part 2.

If you are really worried, speak to your skills agent. Ours has held our hand all the way through and has always answered our questions, no matter how trivial they may seem. They realise that this is a whole new process to some people. They are not there to catch you out, they want you get the AQF III and will do everything they can to ensure that you get it.

My DH is a tiler did his in Sept he was really nervous as he'd never done a formal interview before! But he said it was fine as long as you know all of the separate modules from the application form and health and safety stuff. They just want to know that you know what your doing basically.

You'll be fine good luck

Guest Shell15

Hi Caz Brady, my oh is a tiler and we have looked into doing the AQFIII from here, they quoted us $3000 which seemed extortionate. We are hoping to do it over in Oz when we get there. Did you look into this or was doing in the UK the only option.

Thank you

Michelle

Hi Caz Brady, my oh is a tiler and we have looked into doing the AQFIII from here, they quoted us $3000 which seemed extortionate. We are hoping to do it over in Oz when we get there. Did you look into this or was doing in the UK the only option.

Thank you

Michelle

Hi Michelle

We had to do it from this end because Des will be the biggest earner and its his occupation that's on the list! I'm a beauty & massage therapist or receptionist or cook depending on what's going on! But with 2 children and another on the way we need for Des to be out earning. But if getting out there had been a viable option without getting AQF then we would have gone with it!

Hi!

Many thanks all the positive words:cute:I think i have to look into it more deeply, cos some question on the application form is not easy.Even i have 6 years experience!I passed my CSCS test(health and safety)last year is that any advantage for me u think?Also i'm not very good with wallpapering,did not have enough costumer to practise!What question they can ask me about wallpapering?Sorry for asking strange questions:arghh:

Archived