Help needed for filling 175 application online

dan77

I want to apply for 175 vias as Accountant (2211-11). While filling online application for 175 visa i have some problem:

1. In the section "Applicant Past Employment" do i need to give detail of my current employment also or only the detail of employment previous to the current one.

2. Where to fill the detail of my current employment.

3. I am currently working as "Assistant Manager - Accounts". But when i try to select the position from the list it shows only "Accountant". So i can't mention my actual designation. Similarly, prior to my current employment I worked as a partner in a Chartered Accountants firm as a partner. But in the list there is no option of "Partner".

Please guide me how to fill these columns.

Guest seank

Hi Dan,

You should use accountant as your occupation, as that's the classification that's required for immigration purposes. I'm a management accountant, but I used the accountant title on my app. The past employment record should include your previous jobs in reverse order of date. There should be a separate section for current employment - I can't remember the precise order in which the pages came, but you can always go back and look at previous pages to make sure you have the info in the correct place.

Hope this is some help!

regards

Sean

Thanks Sneak...at least i got a reply. For my current job i can select "Accountant" but i doubt the same will b ok for my previous job as "Partner"

Further i the resume should i show my designation as "Assistant Manager - Accounts' or just "Accountant" ?????

Hi Dan,

You should use accountant as your occupation, as that's the classification that's required for immigration purposes. I'm a management accountant, but I used the accountant title on my app. The past employment record should include your previous jobs in reverse order of date. There should be a separate section for current employment - I can't remember the precise order in which the pages came, but you can always go back and look at previous pages to make sure you have the info in the correct place.

Hope this is some help!

regards

Sean

Guest seank

Hi Dan,

don't forget, this is for visa purposes, not a CV. So the key is to satisfy the DIAC requirement for work experience in the job that you have specified on your application. As you're applying under the heading accountant, then just use that description for your previous roles as well. They're not looking at the finer points of difference between accounting roles - as long as you fit the ASCO code, that's all that matters at this stage.

regards

Sean

Guest tusharahuja18

hi there

i am tushar

i have aplied for 175 online as mechanical engineer.

in document checklist i have to fill a form 1221 that contains very complex questions like

1. wen do u intend to come?

2. flight details.?

3. how long u intend to live.??

4. address of places to live and periods of stay.?

5. contacts of persons in australia..??

plz suggest how to go abt answering these questions?

and abt penal clearance and medicals

should i go for them right now or wait for DIAC ask me,?

Hi Sneak

It means that in the application form i should write "Accountant " as my profession for both my employers including the experience with chartered accountants firm in which i was a partner.

But i have a doubt, along with other supporting documents we also have to submit our c.v. with detail of work experience. Now in the c.v. other than other details i would also have to mention my designation in that organisation. Now for designation should i write "Assistant Manager - Accounts" and "Partner" respectively or i should write "Acountant" for both my employments???

Hi Dan,

don't forget, this is for visa purposes, not a CV. So the key is to satisfy the DIAC requirement for work experience in the job that you have specified on your application. As you're applying under the heading accountant, then just use that description for your previous roles as well. They're not looking at the finer points of difference between accounting roles - as long as you fit the ASCO code, that's all that matters at this stage.

regards

Sean

Archived