Living in Perth on e457 visa - wish to apply for permanent residency

Guest nkopke

Guest nkopke

We have recently arrived in Perth on the e457 visa and wish to apply for permanent residency however I cannot find anything on the gov website with regards to how we can do this. Has anybody entered Oz on an e457 and applied for permanent residency? If so, please can you point me in the right direction as to how we can apply?

Thanks

We have recently arrived in Perth on the e457 visa and wish to apply for permanent residency however I cannot find anything on the gov website with regards to how we can do this. Has anybody entered Oz on an e457 and applied for permanent residency? If so, please can you point me in the right direction as to how we can apply?

Thanks

Drop in to the DIAC office in Wellington St to ask for information - they are very helpful.

Guest Munkey

Hello!

Would your employer (sponsor of you on the 457) support your PR application? I've just had a case at work for someone on a 457 who is applying for a PR but not back at work till Thurs where the info is, I can try and help then if that's any use?

~ S

Guest ViknMark

Hi, we came on a 457, been here since last April and now oh's company has agreed to sponsor us for permanent residency, that direction is called the 856 visa and apparently pretty quick. If your company will do that then it's a very simple process (compared applying for the visa from UK where it takes longer). Hope it all goes well for you.

Hi, we came on a 457, been here since last April and now oh's company has agreed to sponsor us for permanent residency, that direction is called the 856 visa and apparently pretty quick. If your company will do that then it's a very simple process (compared applying for the visa from UK where it takes longer). Hope it all goes well for you.

It depends what profession, health professionals are fast tracked cos thy are so damn short

Mally

Archived