moving to noosa

pauldodsworth

Hi there.

We have just started our visa 190 application, sent our skill ass and payment this week 9th October. Waiting game and finger crossed very crossed!!.

I know its early days but we have been looking at Noosa. We spend our honeymoon traveling up and down the coast and loved Noosa and hope to live there or nearby. We have a 9 year old boy and would love some help with schools in the Noosa area. He is in year 5 here in the uk until next july 15.

would love any info about schooling and family life around this area.

Hi and welcome to the forum. You have chosen a lovely area, Noosa and its surrounds really are beautiful and i dont recall ever hearing any bad reports about the schools up there either, you also have both public and private schools dotted around.

Have you got jobs there? as that would be your only hurdle, they can be quite hard to find up that way.

Cal x

Hi thanks for your reply,

i have been reading a lot of reviews on the internet and on this site about Noosa, schools and jobs, but so many different views. We really like Noosa but as you say not easy to find jobs and everyone says its expensive there. My husband runs his own Building company in UK but he did want a total change! but would do anything. We are hoping to start our adventure in Melbourne then spend some time traveling until we are happy to settle. Just keeping fingers crossed for now and doing our research.

es x (the wife)

Have you looked at Hervey Bay ? Nice coastal feel like Noosa without the price tag and the place is growing and changing (for the better) very quickly. Last time we were there hubby was chatting to a few people and they said Tradies are hard to come by up that way because most head to the mines for the bigger money... May be worth looking into

Cal x

Hi thanks for your reply we did stay at hervey bay for a while on our honeymoon and we loved it but have read that there is no work. What has your experience been on the sunshine coast ie: living costs, schools etc. Thanks for any help.

Paul (husband)

Honestly, I think jobs are going to be such a challenge that your best plan would be to start in Brisbane. The Sunshine Coast is reachable from there for interviews etc, and if you can find work it's not far to relocate. It might take you six months to find something and at least in Brisbane, you'd be more likely to find short-term work.

• 1 month later...

Great place to go on holiday and I also fell in love with it and thought about moving there myself. But being honest I think I think it's brave of you coming from the UK and straight to somewhere like Noosa.

I'm think it much harder to settle in semi regional Australia (if a partner is australian maybe not so much) jobs harder to come by, attitudes towards immigrants are different etc. Personally I would go to Brisbane where work would be easier secure which will help you settle then think about noosa as a medium to long term aim. Plus it's close enough to visit regularly

• 3 weeks later...