NHS clock on sky news

bunbury61

About the mail just on the news this week the boss of Australia Post gets over $5 million a year well last week now I can see why. I bought a gift for a child that was $11. sadly couldn't find on ebay what I wanted so had to buy then post for the standard post $35.19 to Lancashire how the hell is that sustainable.

I believe a ring fenced tax similar to what thr NI system was designed for but totally ring fenced

At no point in its history was the NI system ever designed to be ring fenced. From day one it was simply a way to raise additional tax revenue without the tax payers realising taxes had gone up.

Yes, the domestic applications are down, as are those qualified nurses from the EU - too risky for anyone to make that commitment at the moment. Along with the exodus of experienced nurses, the NHS is almost past crisis point.

We're looking to leave again for a few years and my husband (dr) has been approached by Australia, Canada, SE Asia, amongst others. He went to a meeting re SE Asia last weekend and there were six of his colleagues also st that meeting and there are jobs available for all of them. This is from a trust which already has multiple vacancies it can't fill and has had a trip to India to recruit from there.

It's very sad to watch what's happening, but good will only lasts so long and highly qualified and experienced staff have lots of options which have better working conditions than the ones they're expected to live with now.

That is what these stupid Tories don't understand, they're so used to screwing people with no options that they forget that qualified people do have choices, doctors, nurses, university researchers and lecturers, engineers, do have options and they will exercise them.

They are selling the country out and in 4 years the country I fear will be completely hollowed out, big business will be in charge and AI will be the next big revolution as costs and effectiveness make the employment equation more and more evenly balanced.

That is what these stupid Tories don't understand, they're so used to screwing people with no options that they forget that qualified people do have choices, doctors, nurses, university researchers and lecturers, engineers, do have options and they will exercise them.

They are selling the country out and in 4 years the country I fear will be completely hollowed out, big business will be in charge and AI will be the next big revolution as costs and effectiveness make the employment equation more and more evenly balanced.

Exactly.

Today we have a nhs clock giving a running total of nhs costs for today from midnight ,Thursday ( 24 hours) ...we are currently at £235 million and its not 3pm yet .

I think the nhs ,is a national institution ,the envy of the world ,free at point of entry .

But with costs like these its unsustainable .

Some will say its the ageing population ,some say its the volume of use,with most hospitals at near 100% capacity .

£141 BILLION A YEAR

That is some serious cash! They will have to change how everything works sooner or later