Cost of rabies vaccine

Does anyone have any recent info on the cost of the rabies jabs and blood tests? I'm sure I've just read on an older post someone in Ireland saying it would cost them €1000 for their 2 dogs. ( about £812 ) Is this right or have I misunderstood? They seems ridiculously expensive !! Please tell me I've got it wrong!!

Looks like I was robbed........

I remember getting my vet to quote for the final 4 blood tests so we could budget after our shock rabies bill, and they were going to be £200 more than we ended up paying the vet at the shipping company for doing it, which you would think would be dearer. As if it isn't costly enough...... Shows it pays to shop around.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yep, should be £150 per dog absolute max, ask your vet before you go in and if it is more then ask another. We charge £115 for all (rabies jab and blood test) per dog if you bring your dogs to us, but if you are miles away then this is probably not that helpful :)

Hi Bob

Do we have to go to a government vet for the jabs and blood test? or do we go to our own vet?

Su