sending our dog from UK to Perth, Australia

LLewis

Hi there, can anyone recommend a Pet Shipping Company? We are sending our 3 year old Husky from the UK to Perth, Australia.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks. LL

Golden Arrow. Fab service and the cheapest of the quotes we got. Very impressed with the care of our pets.

Hi there, can anyone recommend a Pet Shipping Company? We are sending our 3 year old Husky from the UK to Perth, Australia.

Hi

I would recommend fetchapet based in colchester essex but cover a wider area.

We used them in July and found them excellent and very caring.

Good luck with it

Steve

Guest The Pom Queen

Have a chat with Bob at Petair on here. Unlike most shippers Bob and his partners are vets so they really do care 101% about your pets. They may not be the cheapest but they do provide the best service and care and if you are like me and your pet is part of your family I think you will realise that this is more important than saving a few dollars. I have been in the veterinary world for 25 years and more and have also worked in quarantine doing health checks etc, during this time I have heard some horror stories about certain shippers that the public aren't aware of. In regards to Bob, I trust him implicitly and would not hesitate to recommend him.

Thanks for the details - I am looking for carriers going the other way (Perth to England) - will see if they can do that. I would be interested to hear the horror stories (only to know who to avoid). Appreciate the insight.

'Horror stories' can happen no matter who you use I would think. And situations occur outside of even the pet shippers control sometimes as once the crate is loaded onto the plane or a dog in quarantine kennels how can the shippers be responsible.

I'd focus on positive reviews and feedback and unless there is a large regular amount of bad feedback on a company, I'd not rule a company out for gathering the odd not so good review IYKWIM. Same with shipping companies for your belongings and airlines to fly. There are bound to be some negative reviews/feedback from customers from time to time.

Fwiw, we don't allow name and shames on the forum due to legal reasons so anyone wanting to share a negative review would need to contact you via PM. Others of course may have positive feedback on the same company.

Investigate the time of year you plan to ship as landing a dog like a husky into a stinking hot summer is going to be very tough on the dog for a while as they acclimatise. I'd look to arriving in the winter months, or at least the cooler months and having time for the heat to build up and the dog to adjust.

Bought my 3 Siberian Huskies out from England to Australia in May ....I lived in the northwest of England and went with Animal Airlines.....Mike was fantastic all the way through....would not hesitate to recommend them if you are in the north. My trio have acclimatised really well...as mentioned about the times of year .....I was very aware of the differing seasons as I'm originally from Australia....May ish is a very good time of year to move Huskies, mine went thru Dubai and escaped the very high temps there too... as they arrived late at night had a 10 hour stop over and break with Dubai Animal Centre (they were really good and it was good to let my trio have a break) and were off on the last leg to Australia the very next morning arriving into Australia in the morning....all of which helped to give them the best lead time before their first Australian summer. They are all doing fantastic and have adjusted to the Aussie climate ....just starting their big winter coat blows which tells me Spring is in the air for them :)

Cheers

Edited by maryannen

Thanks for the details - I am looking for carriers going the other way (Perth to England) - will see if they can do that. I would be interested to hear the horror stories (only to know who to avoid). Appreciate the insight.

Dogtainers were excellent shipping our little fellow. He is very small and nervous and they cared for him brilliantly. We have had emails with pictures of him on the day showing us he was fine.

I have just shipped my dog back with Petair UK to Brisbane. I can recommend PetAir UK, they are thorough and helpful. They handled everything, paperwork and a schedule of when blood tests etc had to be done. Such a relief when you are in the throes of moving yourself. Quarantine in Australia not a good experience for my dog or me, but that's another story.

My dog has now settled back into his new home and is well and happy that's the main thing.

I have just shipped my dog back with Petair UK to Brisbane. I can recommend PetAir UK, they are thorough and helpful. They handled everything, paperwork and a schedule of when blood tests etc had to be done. Such a relief when you are in the throes of moving yourself. Quarantine in Australia not a good experience for my dog or me, but that's another story.

My dog has now settled back into his new home and is well and happy that's the main thing.

But unfortunately they don't do the other way, which is the way the OP is moving

• 3 weeks later...

I think the OP is going from UK to Perth, but someone else was going the other way.

You can get quotes from any shipper you like and then decide which suits you the best - we all have advantages and disadvantages and it is personal preference really. And often the one who is closest to you.

Things to think about: How much help you want? (some shippers will book the flight and then you liaise with your vets, some offer whole packages). how close they are to the airport? (some are miles away and so your pets total journey time is longer than those based closer to the airport)

No shipper in UK is particularly better than anyone else, but different people like different shippers for different reasons and it is quite a personal choice.