good byes, so hard

Guest TRACEY & PETER

Guest TRACEY & PETER

hi all,

to all the people who havnt got to this stag yet

and all the people who are already there,

how hard are all the good byes, my god, i cant believe how hard tonight as been, said goodbye to a fab family that i only meet 6 years ago, we are all very close and have had a fab night we took all 6 kids bowling and then went back to their house, kerry, my friend had made a fab calenda with all photos of us, i didnt really think i could cry so much,

still have to say good bye to our families, omg, dreading it,

so just want to be on the plan, if someone could put me to sleep untill then i think i would be very happy,

26th july, please come soon

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sad::no:

Tracey xxxx

Hi Tracey ,,,, Good Luck

I thought i was 'quite a tough cookie' until it came to saying Goodbye and yes i just crumbled. Sadly its an unavoidable task and its not pleasent but i got through it by keep thinking of the reasons i wanted to move in the first place.

I wouldnt reccomend airport goodbyes, it is easier to say bye at home and then give yourself the journey to the airport to try and compose yourself.

Web cams are a great leaving present for family and close friends, if your going to do that sort of thing.

Good Luck and keep smiling

Cal x

Guest peacock

Once your here, get on skype, its the next best thing to being at home, sorry this doesnt help with your goodbyes, it is a tough job.

Thanks all, feeling abit better thismorning, hung over but better,

Cal, im not having any one at the airport, and have booked a hummer limo from mother in laws so hopefully that will help the boys, they dont know about it yet

9 Days to go

Tracey

Guest Chrissy

All the best with your move! Saying those goodbyes are the worst things ever, but yes skype is a lifesaver!!

I really sympathise. I may be in this situation myself if my visa comes through and am completely dreading saying goodbye, especially to my parents. Am trying not to think about it too much.

I think not having family\friends not coming to airport is very sound advice. My OH went back to Oz last week and not sure I would have coped at all if I said goodbye at the gate.

All the best with it and whilst it will be very difficult, technology today means you can be in touch in so many ways.

Has your visa finally come through then? When are you heading out there?

Yes - visa came through in May (I think). Shippers in on the 26th July, settle on the house (hopefully!) on the 30 July, fly out 9 August, start new job on 16 August.:eek: Farewell BBQ today, sun is almost out here! Cheers.

Yes - visa came through in May (I think). Shippers in on the 26th July, settle on the house (hopefully!) on the 30 July, fly out 9 August, start new job on 16 August.:eek: Farewell BBQ today, sun is almost out here! Cheers.

That's great news and very exciting. Fingers crossed for you! Enjoy your barbie today - will be good to get some practice in!

Guest juliemtaylor

I thought I would never stop, just think what you are going to and relax on the plane and say cheers to your new lives.

Julie x

Guest Taylor72
hi all,

to all the people who havnt got to this stag yet

and all the people who are already there,

how hard are all the good byes, my god, i cant believe how hard tonight as been, said goodbye to a fab family that i only meet 6 years ago, we are all very close and have had a fab night we took all 6 kids bowling and then went back to their house, kerry, my friend had made a fab calenda with all photos of us, i didnt really think i could cry so much,

still have to say good bye to our families, omg, dreading it,

so just want to be on the plan, if someone could put me to sleep untill then i think i would be very happy,

26th july, please come soon

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sad::no:

Tracey xxxx

Hi Tracey

Congratulations on your planned move to oz i wish you all the best for your new lives !!!

Hopefully we will be doing that soon, scarey times ahead. I sympathise with the emotional aspect, its never going to be easy and im dreading it. Im going through the motions at the moment with a few wobbly moments along the way. The worst thing for me is my daughter who is 15 wants to stay with her nana and grandad to, as she puts it "draw a line under her school years by finishing her exams and doing the prom". I wasnt happy but i suppose i owe it to her , seeing as im turning her world upside down. I will come back for her and seeing her through her prom so that will be nice. She will then come back to oz with me .

I have a job offer so am tied to go as soon as possible and its a job that would of taken me years to get over here. My son is 11 and looking forward to it but obviously gets upset when he thinks of leaving his nana and grandad but im sure skype will be getting well used haha. My husband well if i let him his case would be packed haha.

Good luck and i hope its all youve dreamed of.

Annette xxx:hug:

Farewell BBQ today,

Hi - I am really intersted to hear anyones opinion of Farewell parties vs Quiet exit!!! Me & OH are having a different view of if we host a party or not, when we go!!

I am also DEFO not having airport farewell - My brother in law insisted all the family went to airport to see them off 2 years ago - IT was HORRIFIC - myself and kids so hysterical, almost couldn't drive home! I think you'd have to have insides of steel to cope with it!

Hope original poster copes with the emotional rollercoaster ahead - good luck!!

Hi - I am really intersted to hear anyones opinion of Farewell parties vs Quiet exit!!! Me & OH are having a different view of if we host a party or not, when we go!!

I am also DEFO not having airport farewell - My brother in law insisted all the family went to airport to see them off 2 years ago - IT was HORRIFIC - myself and kids so hysterical, almost couldn't drive home! I think you'd have to have insides of steel to cope with it!

Hope original poster copes with the emotional rollercoaster ahead - good luck!!

You gotta have a party.

Airport farewell optional.

Good luck!

For some reason i found it quite easy at the time...... I hit a brick wall though 4 days after arriving and have to say have never recovered from it, still nearly a year in I just want good old friends back. Some say you are only 24 hours away... it's not quite as easy as that. You need 3-4 weeks min to make a trip back worthwile = problems getting leave at work, and even then the equivelent of 1100 quid is advertised as a promotional fare to the UK !! Yes get Skype, but be prepared for tears everytime you log off. Don't under estimate that this will be the hardest thing you will ever do... good luck !!!!

Guest gary12

It is without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever done. Taking grandchildren away from their grandparents is very hard, especially if as in our case, my FIL has no others. But you have to stay focused as to why you want to give Oz a try. It doesn't have to be forever and hopefully family will at some stage visit you.

The day we left all of our family came to our house even though we had asked them not to I am glad they did. All our neighbours came out to wave us off and I thought I would never stop crying, but once we were checked in and through security you just take a deep breath and look forward to the adventure that most of us have planned for a long time.

As someone said Christmas can be hard, but we always had a quiet family day just the 4 of us, Boxing day was our big day we always had a house full of family and friends. I was dreading missing that so we had a big party here, top tip Aussies tell you late in the day they are coming!! Christmas eve we had about 8 people including the 4 of us, come Boxing Day afternoon we had over 20 people join us and had a ball.

Modern technology means you can keep in touch, it's not the same but it's the next best thing. We set up the laptops in the lounge so family could watch the children open all their presents on birthdays and christmas and my best friend "joined" us for new year, we put the laptop in front of the tv and she watched the fireworks in Sydney with us, lol!

Best of luck, I don't envy you.

regards

Michelle

We didn't have a party but what we did was put ourselves in the local pub and tell people if they wanted to call in over the course of the evening we would be there all night. Some people called for half an hour some for longer it was free and easy and very nice with no pressure for us to worry about food entertainment etc.

Absolutely no airport goodbyes for us and there wont be any going back either!

We did have people coming to wave us off in the taxi to the airport and that was realy humbling-seeing how much we meant to local people as well as friends and family.

Good luck to all going through this it's a dreadful part of the new life but hopefuly worth it (although not for us):smile:

thank you all for your relies,

so nice to know there are alot of people doing or already been through it, next weeks going to be a killer but haho, sometimes i feel more for the people we are lieving behind, we have a big adventure ahead, all they have is the sadness we are livening them, you begin to feel very deep at this moment in our lives,

tracey xxx

Archived