Spouse Visa Granted But...........

Guest 1010ozzy

Guest 1010ozzy

Great news we had a call from our agent yesterday to say my husband and 2 kids (16 & 18, both still dependants) visa's have been granted....but........ even though we have been together for 9 years and married for 4 of these we have only been granted a sub class 309, 2 years temperary, and not the sub class 100, PR we applied for, dont get me wrong we are gratefull that we are being given the opportunity to go and all we will have to do in 2 years is write and prove we are still together and they will get PR.

But right from our agent sending in the paper work, every form going meds and police checks front loaded and every bit of evidence we could find including wills showing each other as benificerys, the only thing we couldnt give was joint bills as either in his or my name not both, we have no mortgage and house in his name but we did have joint back statements going back years, our CO officer had a real chip on her shoulder kept comming back and asking for more stuff, we would give it and she would ask for more. My daughter (18) got a letter from her college to say this was in her 3rd year and she would be there untill July 2009, they rang to speak to her tutor and was really rude on the phone!!

It took 3 weeks for them to process our application, not long at all I grant you but she then immplied to our agent that she had processed it in less than 6 weeks and had done him a favour and not to forgett it!!!

He is seriously thinking of making a complaint about her.

Rant over !! we are over the moon and looking at flights to go beginning of Aug 09 to Townsville.

Hope others have a smoother time

Dawn, Nigel, Bex and Liam:biggrin:

even though we have been together for 9 years and married for 4 of these we have only been granted a sub class 309, 2 years temperary, and not the sub class 100,

Dawn,

Have you asked your agent for an explanation to this yet? It does look like something's not quite right given the fact that you are married and you have 2 kids (presumably with your husband).

Regards

Peter

Guest 1010ozzy
Dawn,

Have you asked your agent for an explanation to this yet? It does look like something's not quite right given the fact that you are married and you have 2 kids (presumably with your husband).

Regards

Peter

Our agent says the CO is saying it is because we have not proved I contrabuted to the the household income before we were married, but she didnt ask for that as i can prove it, I have also bought a house in Oz already, outright, that is being let and will be vaccated ready for us to move into when we arrive. Other people have mentioned they have had phone interview with thier CO to clarify anything outstanding but she didnt ask for that either.

The children are from my first marrige but my OH has brought them up for the last 8 years and my ex husband signed the official papers to give us permission to take them out of the country even though they are 16 & 18!!

Our agent has said that by the time we go in Aug 09 we will off been married for 5 years so would be surprised if the immagration office didnt automaticly upgrade to PR, our concern is that alot of the jobs OH has been looking at they want you to be a PR before you apply.

As alot of people have mentioned even when you get your visa it still isnt all plain sailing

Best of luck to everyone

Dawn and Nigel:unsure:

I agree with ptlabs, we have been granted PR visas even though we are divorced and then got back together, of course we had to prove we are a couple but we made no secret of the fact that we were married in the past.

The children are from my first marrige but my OH has brought them up for the last 8 years

Dawn and Nigel,

Right, thanks for the information.

If your two kids are not with your current husband, then you have to meet the standard of being a couple for 5 or more years to qualify for the permanent visa. The question is how the CO interpreted your submission and how your application was presented, of course.

Regards

Peter

Our agent says the CO is saying it is because we have not proved I contrabuted to the the household income before we were married, but she didnt ask for that as i can prove it, I have also bought a house in Oz already, outright, that is being let and will be vaccated ready for us to move into when we arrive. Other people have mentioned they have had phone interview with thier CO to clarify anything outstanding but she didnt ask for that either.

The children are from my first marrige but my OH has brought them up for the last 8 years and my ex husband signed the official papers to give us permission to take them out of the country even though they are 16 & 18!!

Our agent has said that by the time we go in Aug 09 we will off been married for 5 years so would be surprised if the immagration office didnt automaticly upgrade to PR, our concern is that alot of the jobs OH has been looking at they want you to be a PR before you apply.

As alot of people have mentioned even when you get your visa it still isnt all plain sailing

Best of luck to everyone

Dawn and Nigel:unsure:

Hi,

I had the same situation, (i applied onshore) & my agent & everyone was expecting me with our circumstances to go staright onto a pr but i didnt, guess its a bit like taking a driving test & if the examinier got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning !!!!

So you have been granted the 2 years temp spouse visa, which means in 2 years time you will have to resubmit the documents to get the pr (i have just done this) and it is just a repeat of what i submitted first time round but an updated version & an aussie police check instead of a uk one)

All the best

stuju

Oh that is very unfortunate. There is one particular case officer at the High Commission in London who is known to be a complete nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised that that is who dealt with your visa application. Unfortunately at the end of the day the decision really is up to the case officer.

Guest 1010ozzy
Hi,

I had the same situation, (i applied onshore) & my agent & everyone was expecting me with our circumstances to go staright onto a pr but i didnt, guess its a bit like taking a driving test & if the examinier got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning !!!!

So you have been granted the 2 years temp spouse visa, which means in 2 years time you will have to resubmit the documents to get the pr (i have just done this) and it is just a repeat of what i submitted first time round but an updated version & an aussie police check instead of a uk one)

All the best

stuju

:unsure: so did you have to pay all over again when you submitted all the new info?

Just so I know wether I need to start saving for that as well!!

Dawn

:unsure: so did you have to pay all over again when you submitted all the new info?

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

All my payments were paid to my migration agent at the end of applying for the temp spouse visa & Im not really sure if there is a 2nd stage part payment to migration as i just paid all up front

Best to check with your migration agent - they may make a charge for the 2nd stage or may not. There may be more infor on the immi website re payments

Good luck

stuju

Dawn

You won't need to pay a fee when "applying" for the permanent spouse visa now that your provisional spouse visa has been approved.

However, you will need to bear the cost of medicals (if need be) and police checks when your permanent spouse visa application is up for consideration.

Regards

Peter

Archived