Visa 457 (Long Stay).

Guest mr & mrs edd

Guest mr & mrs edd

Hi all!

Me, the chief of staff and two winks are having our visa lodged next week, and are hoping to move to Perth.

Can anybody advise me about coming over on a sponsored visa; is it right that your sponsoring employer has the duty to arrange or find your accommodation for you and your family.

Or indeed if you of any other issues that they are responsible for.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards all

Darren.

Hi Mr & Mrs Edd,

Bill and Janette aka 'the bravehearts' came over on a sponsorship so will be able to answer your question. I don't know if the company 'have to' find you accommodation and if they do, it may only be for a few weeks, when you'd have to find your own rental. There are a few people who've come over to WA on Sponsorship, I'm sure they'll be able to answer your question.

Welcome to PIO - happy posting and I hope you'll find it helpful

Ali

Guest shariliz

We came over on a 457; it's not obligatory, more of a courtesy thing for your prospective employers to arrange accommodation. Also, they can stipulate an amount and will sometimes negotiate to reimburse you (on production of receipts etc), say, the first month's rent- again, up to a certain amount, like $80-100 per night. Can't rely on it and you certainly can't demand it of them. We ended up being diddled but it worked out that we claimed back $45 for 30 nights for us 2 and 3 kidlets!!! That's a whole other story........

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Darren

Your employer is under no obligation at all wot so ever. The name of the game is to negotiate some accomodation with them. We go nothing from OH sponors. Some people on a 457 do get temp accomodation & LAFHA but this has all got to be agreed to by the sponsor.

Good Luck

Janette

Guest sheena

hi guys, like mrs.b says they dont have to do anything, we are going out on a 457 and have been VERY lucky as they are paying for 2 weeks hotel when we get there, as well as all visa costs, flights,shipping our stuff, car hire, medical fees etc, but we have been really lucky that they offered all this, try to bargain with them you never know what you might get!!!

goodluck,

sheena :smile:

Guest mr & mrs edd

Small world we are originally from Barrow, now on the wirral and hoping to get to Perth in the near future.

Guest Helaine

we are also coming on a 457 and they are giving us aboulutely zilch, in fact we are having to sort med insurance out as well and we have paid the employers visa fees and they have written into OH cntract that we have to fund our own flights home if it should not work out....i'm not going any where so no bther there then.

Good luck

Guest chrissy63

Hi Darren

I managed to negotiate my flights reimbursed, 12 weeks accomodation and salsry packaging. But like everyone says it really is about trying to negotiate with employer.

Good luck

Archived