Citizenship process questions

wheresdbeef

Hi all

I am planning on applying for citizenship later this year and I thought I would start this thread so I can post any questions I may have while getting ready.

The question I wanted to ask first was about documents for the application and timing.

Can I collect all the documentation prior to the date I am eligible to apply and send the application in on the day I become eligible?

I.E. if documents require stamping from a JP (Justice of the Peace) does the date on them have to be from after the day I become eligible or can it be from before I become eligible say from a week or two before e.g. police check?

I'd like to get the application off ASAP but at the as time not do anything that may slow down the processing time either.

:confused:

Thank you

W

Edited by wheresdbeef

It really isnt a complicated or time consuming process. Do the online application and attach your documents and form for police check. If you need any certified you dont even need to find a JP, your local Pharmacist can do it, ours does for a gold coin donation in their charity box. Download the police check form, you dont have to apply for the police check, they do it for you, just complete the form and attach. Pay your money and wait for a test date. What you need to remember, if you have been in a different country for any length of time within the last four years they might ask you for a new police check from that country, e.g a new UK Police check from ACRO. You also need to take your original documents to the test.

• 5 months later...

Hoping someone can help clear a question I have.

For the citizenship application it states that you may require a police clearance with your application. I want to know do I need to provide one of these from the UK?

I first arrived in Aus aged 29 only lived in UK. become permanent resident at 30 provided Clearance from Aus and UK police at that time as part of application. I have not been out of the country more then 30 days since residency was granted. Now 32 applying for citizenship.

Am I required to provide a police clearance from the UK as part of the citizenship application?

For the citizenship application it states that you may require a police clearance with your application. I want to know do I need to provide one of these from the UK?

I first arrived in Aus aged 29 only lived in UK. become permanent resident at 30 provided Clearance from Aus and UK police at that time as part of application. I have not been out of the country more then 30 days since residency was granted. Now 32 applying for citizenship.

Am I required to provide a police clearance from the UK as part of the citizenship application?

Hey,you don't have to provide police clearance for the uk,unless you out of aus for 90 days,there is a form called " crimtrac",download,fill n attach to your online application, you better be hurry mate,it takes ages to process till you get the ceremony.once you complete 4 years in aus and 1 year in pr,apply straightaway. It takes at least 8-10 months to get your ceremony...all the best

I did my acro police check when I applied for my pr but no longer have a copy as it went in with my pr application. Are they likely to need to see this again when I do my citizenship test ??? Just wondering if it's worth running another check now before I complete my application thanks Lou

I did my acro police check when I applied for my pr but no longer have a copy as it went in with my pr application. Are they likely to need to see this again when I do my citizenship test ??? Just wondering if it's worth running another check now before I complete my application thanks Lou

We didn't have to provide any kind of Police Clearance for here or back in the UK.

Hey,you don't have to provide police clearance for the uk,unless you out of aus for 90 days,there is a form called " crimtrac",download,fill n attach to your online application, you better be hurry mate,it takes ages to process till you get the ceremony.once you complete 4 years in aus and 1 year in pr,apply straightaway. It takes at least 8-10 months to get your ceremony...all the best

Not sure what took so long for you. We applied 1 July 2014 and had our ceremony 23 October 2014. I think it depends on your local council.

Just had our citizenship test on Friday, we just downloaded http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/files/CrimTrac_form/ and filled out page one and six and took it with us to our appointment. This will save you time and hassle if you are asked for it on the day. Btw they did ask us for it so I would be better safe than sorry. Good luck with it all, exciting times ahead!! Eta this is an Aussie police check not UK, if you haven't been out of Australia, they go on your original overseas check you submitted with your PR application.

Edited by Bolt4

If you haven't been overseas since you applied for PR they go off the original police check:smile:

Hey,no you don't have to get a police check for the test.all you got to do is fill crim track form and attach to the application.thats why you pay 240 for the department,all inclusive

Not sure what took so long for you. We applied 1 July 2014 and had our ceremony 23 October 2014. I think it depends on your local council.

Yeah,poor me in regional outback australia,not really quick and flash out here,takes ages to get a ceremony. Need At least 5 people to have a ceremony,it's so hard to line up 5 people out in the bush.lol