573 to 457 is it easy?

Purple Princess

I hope someone can help me?

I am currently on a student 573 visa and have just started a job. My employer was fully aware of my work restrictions, however, he doesn't want me to reduce my hours in March, therefore has offered to sponsor me.

He has never sponsored before and has asked me to complete the paperwork for him and he will sign it.

Is this easy to do myself, I've looked at immi's website and it looks straightforward, but I'm sure there is more to it!! Would it be better for me to appoint an agent, if so, what would be the approximate fees for this?

Thanks

Steph

I am currently on a student 573 visa and have just started a job. My employer was fully aware of my work restrictions, however, he doesn't want me to reduce my hours in March, therefore has offered to sponsor me.

He has never sponsored before and has asked me to complete the paperwork for him and he will sign it.

Is this easy to do myself, I've looked at immi's website and it looks straightforward, but I'm sure there is more to it!! Would it be better for me to appoint an agent, if so, what would be the approximate fees for this?

Thanks

Steph

If you employer has not sponsored before you will need to lodge three applications:

1) Sponsorship for the company, 2) Nomination for the position to be filled and 3) Visa for you.

For the sponsorship the company will need to provide you with extensive documentation including their financials which they may not want to do.

The difficulty will depend on the particulars of the applications. Areas where people tend to struggle are:

1) Staff Training;

2) Nominating an occupation;

3) Meeting and understanding market rate requirements;

and especially for people transferring from a student visa

4) Weather they hold the necessary qualifications or experience to meet visa requirements.

Prices to use an agent for this process will vary greatly depending on many factors.

Thanks

Steph

The process is not at all straightforward.

I suggest you instruct a Registered Migration Agent to at least assess your prospects and your employer's prospects of satisfying the applicable criteria.

Archived