What are you looking forward to most?

emmaroo

Guest guest57588
Eating a pot noodle from the balcony of a block of flats, on any inner city council estate at dusk looking out over the smoke filled war torn gang buster towns.

:biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Helchops

You're right - not all people are full of doom and gloom. There is a passion for Brits which is shared misery; I guess it's the way we've evolved - that's all I was pointing out. Anyone who is being really honest knows I'm not lying.

As I mentioned, I can understand why people miss home and I think the worry with people who emigrate is that they were looking for something better in the first place (myself included) and now they're moving back, again in search of something better or something they had before! There is a real danger of never settling and always believing the grass is greener.

A psychological study into those who choose to emigrate versus other populous would be fantastic reading I reckon.

Still, try not to take my point too seriously Tradie, it's a lighthearted thread. Remember?

family and friends, divercity of countryside, walking in the lakedistrict, the 4 seasons, propper crimbo, olympics, queens jubilee, british open golf, having propper laugh with mates down a propper pub, watching football at normal time i cud go on but .....

Or supping a pint of proper beer on the banks of the beautiful rive Avon in Stratford on a warm balmy evening.

did you not know it has not rained in the uk for nearly 2 years and we are in drought mode.

Eating a pot noodle from the balcony of a block of flats, on any inner city council estate at dusk looking out over the smoke filled war torn gang buster towns.

Or supping a pint of proper beer on the banks of the beautiful rive Avon in Stratford on a warm balmy evening.

did you not know it has not rained in the uk for nearly 2 years and we are in drought mode.

A feeling of belonging, like I can have a moan without offending the nation!

Sense of humour

A beer by the fire in an old pub

The cold

The countryside

Hopefully buy an old camper (but have you seen the bloody price of these things these days!!)

Working in a hospital where the staff are more motivated and don't treat the patients appallingly

Living in a less racist, homophobic and sexist society

Moderately sensible drivers

Not having to spend half an hour chasing my kids around the house to put sun cream on them because we are going out for a walk

Going swimming without even a thought of being eaten

Not having mosquito bites

Not renting a house

Old buildings

Decent food

Marmite

Jumps racing at Cheltenham

The new challenge of moving to Cornwall where we have never lived before

You're right - not all people are full of doom and gloom. There is a passion for Brits which is shared misery; I guess it's the way we've evolved - that's all I was pointing out. Anyone who is being really honest knows I'm not lying.

As I mentioned, I can understand why people miss home and I think the worry with people who emigrate is that they were looking for something better in the first place (myself included) and now they're moving back, again in search of something better or something they had before! There is a real danger of never settling and always believing the grass is greener.

A psychological study into those who choose to emigrate versus other populous would be fantastic reading I reckon.

Still, try not to take my point too seriously Tradie, it's a lighthearted thread. Remember?

Im afraid you don't know anything until you get here!!

Many, many things I am looking forward to but the most would be time with family and friends, feeling like I'm truly home after five years of not feeling that way, the history and culture, variety and availability of just about everything, European holidays, Christmas, and oh actually that's rather a lot already isn't it? Suffice to say, I could go on, I am so excited.

I am looking forward to so many of those things people have listed but most of all I'm looking forward to my son spending more time with, and getting to know, his grandparents while he is still young enough to want to.

Yes, this is a biggie. I can't wait to see my daughter surrounded by so much love. :wubclub:

Guest guest22466

I cant wait to see me and son , cuddle, kiss, touch my lovely family and friends ive known for more than 30 years. I cant wait to feel loved and I cant wait to have lots of belly laughs with people who get my humour......I cant wait to feel even only for four weeks that I BELONG somewhere..........plus the less important things like yummy fish n chips, good curry house, monster munches, nice chocolate, a local with some atmosphere, great choice of and in the supermarkets of different foods, easy access to taxis and the town centres but most of all MY PEOPLE I LOVE xxxx

I am looking forward to so many of those things people have listed but most of all I'm looking forward to my son spending more time with, and getting to know, his grandparents while he is still young enough to want to.

Me too, my 3 have missed out enough already. All my grandparents died young and I never knew them, I remember being jealous of friends on their birthdays and at christmas and don't want my 3 to miss out like I did.

I cant wait to see me and son , cuddle, kiss, touch my lovely family and friends ive known for more than 30 years. I cant wait to feel loved and I cant wait to have lots of belly laughs with people who get my humour......I cant wait to feel even only for four weeks that I BELONG somewhere..........plus the less important things like yummy fish n chips, good curry house, monster munches, nice chocolate, a local with some atmosphere, great choice of and in the supermarkets of different foods, easy access to taxis and the town centres but most of all MY PEOPLE I LOVE xxxx

Yes i was just saying to my wife the other day how much I have missed belly laughs....Those ones where you genuinely think you will die from not being able to breathe cos its so funny...

I really have noticed that nobody laughs here, maybe the odd chuckle now and again but thats all I have heard in 18 months

Guest guest22466
Yes i was just saying to my wife the other day how much I have missed belly laughs....Those ones where you genuinely think you will die from not being able to breathe cos its so funny...

I really have noticed that nobody laughs here, maybe the odd chuckle now and again but thats all I have heard in 18 months

Yes i know and I am lucky that I am still in contact with lots of friends back in the UK and we still have like three hour belly laugh conversations on the phone... so you should see us when we all get together ..its so much fun....I miss that........but looking forward to seeing everyone again in 20 weeks time..........for some more face to face belly laughs ....

Archived