Any Visa that does NOT require work experience?

dazzmatazz

We (my wife was the main applicant) have recently had to withdraw our 176 family sponsored application as our case officer informed us that my wife did not meet the definition as “employed” as her 12 months of work experience had not been for a minimum of 20 hours per week.

We have done absolutely everything else, IELTS (9 overall), qualifications assessed and invitation to apply to relevant professional body issued, medicals done with e-medical centre, character reference etc. So all the usual blocks ticked.

Basically I am wanting to know if there is a visa option that does NOT require work experience if the qualifications have been completed outside of Australia (but are passed by the relevant body as equivalent to a master’s degree in OZ). I have a brother who qualifies as a sponsor who lives in Perth and could raise (within reason, I would say no more than $12500 AUD) a fair amount of funds if needed.

My wife is a Psychologist (classification Psychologists nec 272399 as per the SOL schedule 1). She does have some work and has experience but due to having our 2 children over the last 3 years it is mostly locum work and some private practice work but a couple hours per week here and there.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

Welcome to PIO.

Have you tried running it past a migration agent, you do not have to use an agent to apply for the visa, but even if you have to pay for a consultation to find out your options it could save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

If your wife passes the points test then you could consider an Expression of Interest under Skillselect post 1/7/12 as the threshold requirement for current GSM visas of 12 months recent work experience will be removed.

See http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/new-skilled.htm

Regards

Hi Watcher

Thanks that was VERY informative. The work expereince/Australian study was the ONLY part that was holding us back, under the new system, thanks to you. will be remeoved.

Very cool to read those lines. :wink:

Hi Watcher

Thanks that was VERY informative. The work expereince/Australian study was the ONLY part that was holding us back, under the new system, thanks to you. will be remeoved.

Very cool to read those lines. :wink:

actually- I thought ALL of those posts were very informative :rolleyes: if she's not at the top of the queue for EOI due to her lack of work experience.. your wife might have a look at the other suggestions too...

actually- I thought ALL of those posts were very informative :rolleyes: if she's not at the top of the queue for EOI due to her lack of work experience.. your wife might have a look at the other suggestions too...

Its my understanding that the DIAC still make the final decision regarding 457 visa's. Even if an employer is willing to sponsor you if you do not have enough experience is that not grounds to refuse the visa? Or at least this is how I understand it.

Archived