176 - On line application

I have some queries in relation to info required for the 176 visa:

1.My passport Number is not recognized - I have an Irish passport - has this happened to other Irish nationals?

2. National ID Card - Is this your PPS Number?

3. Details of family members not migrating - Do I have to enter my parents & brothers details?

4.Can't enter all digits of area code - only allowed 0035 instead of 00353

5. I studied in Northern Ireland for 2 years - do I have to enter these details for other country of residences?

6. Overseas employment Experience. This section asks the following. ' Have u been employed outside Oz in ur nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skill level immediately before lodging this application Yes or No'. My query is - I was employed form 2002 until Oct 2011 and have now be unemployed for 6 months - so can I answer Yes?

All help appreciated:biggrin:

I have some queries in relation to info required for the 176 visa:

1.My passport Number is not recognized - I have an Irish passport - has this happened to other Irish nationals? Cant understand why its not recognisine it??

2. National ID Card - Is this your PPS Number? No - your PPS number is not a National ID number - (would be a National ID card like they have in France - as they can use this to travel through Europe without a passport)

3. Details of family members not migrating - Do I have to enter my parents & brothers details? You put parent and Brithers details in Other Family Members section

4.Can't enter all digits of area code - only allowed 0035 instead of 00353 ?? +35

5. I studied in Northern Ireland for 2 years - do I have to enter these details for other country of residences? Yes as you will need a UK police check by ACRO http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

6. Overseas employment Experience. This section asks the following. ' Have u been employed outside Oz in ur nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skill level immediately before lodging this application Yes or No'. My query is - I was employed form 2002 until Oct 2011 and have now be unemployed for 6 months - so can I answer Yes? Yes

All help appreciated:biggrin:

1.My passport Number is not recognized - I have an Irish passport - has this happened to other Irish nationals

Hi,

I'm not Irish but we had the same problem with wifey's Singapore passport (she was the primary applicant). It just said the number was not recognised but we could proceed with the application nonetheless. Fast forward six months and we are now happily living in Oz. It was never an issue. Just make sure to enter the number in your passport without errors and submit. They will see that the number is correct when they look at your supporting documents.

I would like to claim partner point for my visa application. The requirement is that I have to prove:

Firstly, my husband works as a freelancer for 12 months in the last 24 months, so my understanding is that he does not meet the second requirement.

Secondly, He currently has the positive skill assessment from ACS with 5 years experience and his Bachelor is assessed to be comparable to an Australian Bachelor Degree with major in Computing.

Does that mean I can claim partner point?

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated - One other question - I have just applied for WA SS - think waiting time is 2-3 weeks - Can I book and do the medical without having lodged the visa?

Hi,

I am pretty sure that you'll need a TRN to do your medicals. And you only get the TRN once you lodge the 176. Cheers.

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated - One other question - I have just applied for WA SS - think waiting time is 2-3 weeks - Can I book and do the medical without having lodged the visa?

If you want to use the E-health system - which is faster more reliable you will have to wait to lodge application before you can do medicals. Some practices may not book your medicals without it.

DIAC advices that if you are applying from Offshore you should wait for you CO to ask for your medicals and police checks as they expire after 1 year. It is also the earliest date of medicals or police checks that is used for the date to validate your visa. Therefore if there is a delay for any reason this will shorten the time you have to get to Australia.

If you want to use the E-health system - which is faster more reliable you will have to wait to lodge application before you can do medicals. Some practices may not book your medicals without it.

Hi lebourvellec,

I thought 100% eHealth countries such as Ireland don't have the choice of doing it any other way? I could be wrong, though.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/100-ehealth.pdf

Hi lebourvellec,

I thought 100% eHealth countries such as Ireland don't have the choice of doing it any other way? I could be wrong, though.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/100-ehealth.pdf

Employer Sponsored Visa medicals can be done before you lodge application, as well as some partner ones. Also I have heard if you may have trouble passing the medical you might be able to do this before lodging application. Also if the system is down they have had to send them Snail Mail.

Archived