Help Needed

Guest paulacox

Guest paulacox

HI,:v_SPIN:

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME. I NEED TO FIND A UNI FOR MY DAUGHTER SHE IS DOING HER A LEVELS AT THE MOMENT. SHE WANTS TO DO PEDIATRIC NURSING. I HAVE LOOK ON GOOGLE CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY IN BRISBANE OR GOLD COAST. IF I CANT FIND ANY SHE WILL NOT BECOMING WITH US. AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME ,SHE WILL NOT SIGN THE VISA FORMS AND I CAN NOT DO IT FOR HER BEING 16 (GOING ON 25) I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SHOW HER SOMETHING WITH COURSES ON. IF NOT SHE WILL BE STAYING HER AND GOING TO UNI HERE (STAYING AT HERE NANA'S) PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.:arghh:PAULA

Sorry Paula, I can't help with uni in Brisbane or nursing

BUT I do have a DD who is going to start uni in Feb at Melbourne studying English (thats my plan, hers may differ:unsure:)

I also have a DS who finished his uni course this year and is still deciding whether to continue with his master here or in Melbourne, or start work and think about master later, either way he is still a dependant because he is not in full time work

all along we have asked our kids to go along with the visa application so that they have the choice just because they are on the application does not mean they HAVE to go,

they do need to validate and then they have 5yrs to make the move permanently

My hope is that they will come and validate when we make the move and give it a go, then end up staying:yes:

but the decision has to be thiers in the end and it will be very, very difficult if they end up not staying in Oz

I am sure somebody will know about Brisbane Uni

just had a thought try contacting Sarah Nash, details below, she has helped us with our DD application to Melbourne, she can sometimes be a bit hard to get hold of.

Sarah Nash

Director

Study Options

Telephone: 020 7353 7200

International: +44 20 7353 7200

Mobile: 07968 130384

Address: 16 Temple Chambers, 3-7 Temple Avenue, London, EC4Y 0DT

Email: sarah@studyoptions.com

Web: Study Options - providing free advice and assistance to students for studies in Australia and New Zealaland

all the best

Karen:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Paula

The University of Queensland has a School of Nursing & Midwifery and offers at 3-year degree course. Please see here:

Bachelor of Nursing (BN) - School of Nursing and Midwifery at The University of Queensland

Ipswich is about 40km South and a bit West of Brisbane

Also, I went into Google Australia, told it to confine itself to web pages from Australia and then told it Brisbane + Nursing Degree.

Several more links came up besides the one above, but I would think the University of Queensland is probably the one with the greatest cache. I would think that prospective candidates probably need very good grades to get in because I should think competition is fierce.

I can't tell you any more than this because unfortunately I know nothing whatsoever about nursing, but I hope that the info above will help to get you started.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest oz migration

Hi

Here are a few links that should help and depending on the visa you enter with might affect where your daughter is able to study. If treated as an international student (temp visa) or if you are on a PR then Australian student.

The following links are excellent for finding just what you requested and getting a great overview of the education system throughout Australia, as there is also the Australian Gov portal.

It will take some searching but it's all there and comparisons, costs etc. If you need the international student courses you will need to go to DEST website (via the education portal) for CRICOS approved courses.

Higher Education

http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/CourseFinderDisclaimer.htm

Government Education Portal - Australia

Kind regards

Chris

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

Here are a few links that should help and depending on the visa you enter with might affect where your daughter is able to study. If treated as an international student (temp visa) or if you are on a PR then Australian student.

The following links are excellent for finding just what you requested and getting a great overview of the education system throughout Australia, as there is also the Australian Gov portal.

It will take some searching but it's all there and comparisons, costs etc. If you need the international student courses you will need to go to DEST website (via the education portal) for CRICOS approved courses.

Higher Education

http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/CourseFinderDisclaimer.htm

Government Education Portal - Australia

Kind regards

Chris

Hi Chris

A few weeks ago a few of us put our heads together nd discovered conclusively that the school-age children of temp visa holders in QLD do not attract school fes at international rates.

Does this change for tertiary education, please, because if it does then it could be very significant for some of our members?

Thanks

Gill

Hi Paula

We used Study in Australia which is the australian governments own website for study. It is very easy to use, I just had a quick look for you and there are plenty of uni's in qld that cover nursing but you would need to follow the links through to the individual uni's sites to narrow it down to pediatric.

We were advised that if our daughter had a PR visa then she would be classed as a domestic student, if not then she would be an international student when it came to which fees would be charged.

You have to be careful with some of the education representatives websites as they do not represent all uni's/colleges etc so naturally will only bring up these when you contact them. If you find a uni then follow their pages through to the one which gives details about international representatives. We also used Study Options/Sarah Nash and Stefan but found then a real pain to get hold of at times. Study Overseas are excellent, and will always get back to you very quickly if the person you need is not there at the time.

Uni of Qld and Griffith Uni are very highly rated uni's in oz (in top 8) and this pretty hard to get into. Bond Uni is awesome with a stunning campus and facilities but expensive and same fees apply to both domestic and international students. I believe it came out top when last figures were produced in regard to quality etc.

Happy hunting

Lyn

Hello if you pm me I can help.

First, I am not sur eif I understand, is your daughter going to be there as a permanent resident or temporary? Big difference in application process and fees for residents vs international :)

Choices could include Griffith, UQ, CQU etc. and another alternative is a vocational pathway via TAFE or VET college e.g. Shafston, with various starting points during year which articulate into 2nd year university.

There is still enough time to do. Let me know or just see website below. cheers Andrew

Guest oz migration

Hi Gill

Apologies have not been able to respond sooner. As Andrew has indicated fees applicable will vary Dependant upon the visa and whether they are a primary or secondary applicant so each case could well be different and fees alter significantly.

kind regards

Chris

Archived