Help wanted! Sponsorship when over there

SuzieH

Hi all

Wonder if anyone's got any info for us. We're going over on a student visa (family of 4), we know it's going to be tough and are looking into all areas. When we are over there my husband is going to try and get a job as a painter/decorator which he used to do and is trained in. Unfortunately he has been out of trade for past 3 years because of UK recession. I'll be doing childcare course and hope to work in a day care centre or Kindy. We are hoping to go on the Gold Coast.

Our agent is telling us that we can go where we want and will be able to get sponsored when I've finished my course and that Scott should be able to. Other people are telling us that we won't. So confused now as neither of our jobs are actually on the SOL list apart from painting trades worker which is on list 2. Don't know what to do.

:arghh: please can anyone give us the right info?

Guest Jlow10

Hey in response to your Q - you may very well be able to find a sponser (easier said than done) alot fall through. Most are reluctant to sponser because people leave as soon as the sponser goes through.

If you get one and it falls through you have 4 weeks only to find a new one get ll the paper work through which is LOTS or you have to b out the country

Harsh but thats how it works!

Hi all

Wonder if anyone's got any info for us. We're going over on a student visa (family of 4), we know it's going to be tough and are looking into all areas. When we are over there my husband is going to try and get a job as a painter/decorator which he used to do and is trained in. Unfortunately he has been out of trade for past 3 years because of UK recession. I'll be doing childcare course and hope to work in a day care centre or Kindy. We are hoping to go on the Gold Coast.

Our agent is telling us that we can go where we want and will be able to get sponsored when I've finished my course and that Scott should be able to. Other people are telling us that we won't. So confused now as neither of our jobs are actually on the SOL list apart from painting trades worker which is on list 2. Don't know what to do.

:arghh: please can anyone give us the right info?

If you are on a student visa, I think your husband will only be allowed to work 20 hours a week as well so might be very hard to find a sponsor for that! good luck

I'd try another agent TBH. Unless you have money to burn this sounds like a very risky project to me. What are you going to do if he doesnt find a sponsor and you dont get PR at the end of it? AFAIK you can go wherever you like in search of a sponsor but I wouldnt be banking on it. Good luck!

Archived