nursing interview

ashley83

We do especially if it's overseas as it speeds up the recruitment process, but they're not considered until after the interview.

thanks for your quick reply. i wasnt too confident after my interview as its the first real interview iv ever had and didnt know how to really prepare for it as iv only had the one job since qualifying and was a student in the ward i ended up in.

Do you think its fair to assume iv been unsuccessful if my referees havent been contacted so far since its been a few weeks since interview? im friendly with both of them and im sure they would contact me to let me know if they had been contacted

No, don't assume that the process can be really long. I often ask for references before and don't get them until weeks after the interview, sometimes it's because of the electronic version we use which causes heaps of probs for the UK, they end up having to print and fax it, or I end up phoning them for a reference. Sometimes, it's the HR dept that are causing the hold up.

No, don't assume that the process can be really long. I often ask for references before and don't get them until weeks after the interview, sometimes it's because of the electronic version we use which causes heaps of probs for the UK, they end up having to print and fax it, or I end up phoning them for a reference. Sometimes, it's the HR dept that are causing the hold up.

thanks for that reply, its made me feel a bit better. any idea of the numbers that are getting interviewed for each job or does it vary from post to post? i know that i was the only one from the agency im using to get an interview for this particular ward.

Will vary on the position/post/hospital. I work in MH. If you are unsucessful contact them for feedback, so you know what to include next time. I hate interviews but always ask for feedback even if successful as they might give tips on what I hadn't included.

Will vary on the position/post/hospital. I work in MH. If you are unsucessful contact them for feedback, so you know what to include next time. I hate interviews but always ask for feedback even if successful as they might give tips on what I hadn't included.

thanks for the tip:smile:, i think i hesitated on a few questions.

the agency woman had already contacted my referees and said they both gave me excellent references, so im hoping the interviewers look at my cv and references more and forget about the interview:laugh:

Sorry to gatecrash on the thread!

Ali, you seem to know about interviewing for nursing posts. Im hoping to move to Perth in november. Have you got an idea of the best time to start applying for jobs? Im going on a 457. Getting married in October in England so i couldnt get to Oz any earlier than early november. I presumed end of may is the best time to apply but would they hold a job that long for me/what length of time am i looking from applying for a job to the postion being ready for me? Again, ive only ever had one job so im abit clueless on interviewing!

THanks for any help :) x

Hi

I had an interview a few weeks ago for a job and the agency has said i should find out next week if i have the job or not. my question is: Do they usually contact your referees before they offer you the job?

Yes, I had to wait about 3 weeks to hear that I had got the job after they had received my references.

Sorry to gatecrash on the thread!

Ali, you seem to know about interviewing for nursing posts. Im hoping to move to Perth in november. Have you got an idea of the best time to start applying for jobs? Im going on a 457. Getting married in October in England so i couldnt get to Oz any earlier than early november. I presumed end of may is the best time to apply but would they hold a job that long for me/what length of time am i looking from applying for a job to the postion being ready for me? Again, ive only ever had one job so im abit clueless on interviewing!

THanks for any help :) x

You could probably start looking now as they understand it can take a while before you can get out with visa's etc. I applied october last year and am not starting job until july this year. If you let them know when you are going out then it would be up to them if they can hold the post open. Have you registered with AHPRA? as they can take months!

You could probably start looking now as they understand it can take a while before you can get out with visa's etc. I applied october last year and am not starting job until july this year. If you let them know when you are going out then it would be up to them if they can hold the post open. Have you registered with AHPRA? as they can take months!

Thank you for the help :) think ill do as you say and clearly put when ill be out on my cv. Yeah ive got my AHPRA approval, took me four months so i was probably one of the lucky ones!

Archived